Please help explain

Pledford

Ok please do not get offended but I need help understanding the difference between ANH, ESB, and ROTJ helmets. I understand that there are some differences in the helmet /armor from each movie but can someone help explain or guideven me in the right direction. I guess I need to know which helmet I am building 1st correct?

Just off the top of my head----im no expert but I have a pretty good idea....ANH and ESB are pretty similar. The teeth are black in ESB and grey in ANH.  I think the tube stripes sometimes become one long decal on ESB when on ANH they were hand painted individually. A lot of the ESB helmets were just reused/painted from ANH.  The ROTJ helmet was a brand new sculpt-- its a lot softer overall and the shape is not an exact match (to me it looks like someone took one of the old helmets and melted it in the sun). The lenses are bubble lenses always now as before just the heroes had bubble lenses.  The Tube stripes are single large decals, the teeth and frown are now completely painted in, and the grey's used in the ESB and ANH helmet have been changed to a different-kind of greenish-grey tone.   There also are other things like no visible screws in the ear pieces i'm pretty sure.   Overall, the ROTJ helmet (and entire costume) is by FAR my least favorite and I feel that is the opinion of the majority of people on here....but there are people who love it too.

They are pretty similar if not the exact same. I think a lot of new suits were made but many were also reused... you can pick out the differences on the CRL. Off the top of my head the only big difference I remember is the handplates are all the clamshell style in ESB.  The blaster also has some changes for the most part but thats been a HUGE debate on some of these forums, the differences/arguments go on for pages and pages.

A lot of suits were indeed newly made for ESB, and looked more like ROTJ suits (we call them ESB mk2). But you only see one or two of them in the movie. All other suits seen are reused ANH armours (and helmets), with the hand guards replaced with a new model.

http://www.starwarshelmets.com has an article detailing the ESB mk2.