Advice on Shadow trooper decals

After biting the bullet and deciding to go shadow, I would just like some clarification on the shadow storm trooper, mainly the helmet and decals.<br><br>

On the CRL it says there are a number of variations on lense, friown, tube stripes, traps and vocoder. Is this down to the individual? I like the look of the frown and lenses being silver with a grey vocoder and traps. Or are there specific mixes of this? It also says the rear and tear traps may have stripes, again, js this optional? It also mentions the 'body' of the ears can be grey. Which part is the body? Is it the complete unit? The circular bit or the raised section in the middle?<br><br>

Finally, on the helmet. It says the tube stripes can be either blue or black, is this personal choice? Are the greys and blues the same as on a standard storm trooper?<br><br><br>

On other parts aside from the helmet, on the CRL it states that a black Pauldron is an optional extra, but I see there has been some criticism of this as there is no canon evidence of this. I have also seen a picture on 'wookipedia' of a shadow stormtrooper with MP40 punches on the waist belt, is this non-canon also?<br><br>

Thanks in advance!

I've read the CRL and they list the colour variations, but not specifically if grey frown means grey traps etc, or whether I can pick or choose. I also cannot find anything specifically about this on the forum, but this may be testament to my amateur searching skills

I've read the CRL and they list the colour variations, but not specifically if grey frown means grey traps etc, or whether I can pick or choose. I also cannot find anything specifically about this on the forum, but this may be testament to my amateur searching skills

I'm a shadow trooper too and you can pick and choose. But, definitely swing over to SO and review what others have done. I chose silver lenses, silver frown, matte tube stripes, with no other decals. It's nice and clean. Others do silver lenses, with black frown, and matte tube stripes. The blue tube stripes are really not used anymore.

Brilliant, thanks for that, may be the route I go as (like you say) it looks really cleans.<br><br>

I've seen shadow stormtroopers with a white imperial cog on the left hand side of the chest that looks awesome, but this is on the new battlefront game so I'm guessing not canon

• 4 weeks later...

Brilliant, thanks for that, may be the route I go as (like you say) it looks really cleans.<br><br>

I've seen shadow stormtroopers with a white imperial cog on the left hand side of the chest that looks awesome, but this is on the new battlefront game so I'm guessing not canon

You can get a cling on decal or vinyl decals and wear it to non LFL/Disney/High Level troops or just for fun some days.  

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have a resource for these decals for the Shadow Trooper? As for the frown, I prefer the silver... Do people prefer to paint these or use decals as silver paint doesn't really come out silver. It typically comes out silver/grey, although the black base coat does help with silver paint. Do people opt for silver decals for the frown instead? I imagine it would be difficult to trim the frown decals as there is no standard on frown measurements from manufacturer to manufacturer. The tube stripes in a matte would be nice, yet I'm left with the same situation. No resource for the decals. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Edited by kennethmterry