New Membe Andy's ANH Stunt TM

Hello everyone

Just taken delivery of my big brown box on Friday ,all unpacked and chaecked and it looks fantastic. So big thanks to Paul Im so glad i went for the 2mm it feels so solid .So time to begin , hoping to get going later today once I've finished with work stuff.

I would like to try to do as much of the other bit myself as possible with my skill set, so have order boots (will need dyeing) , holster and rivet kit from the Garrison Depo .The rest I would like to make and have made a neck seal (see below for pic) .Does it make the grade ? .And have the canvas ready for the belt once i can get a sizing with me in the armour . I would love to be able to get this build to a centurion level so will be requiring alot of your expert advice. Many thanks for taking a look will keep you posted.IMG_4322_zpsfkjioxz3.jpgIMG_4351_zpsfpduujry.jpgIMG_4338_zpsftl8gdvd.jpgIMG_4337_zpsfqwyguuk.jpgIMG_4343_zpsip2ttcu2.jpg

• Like 1

I would suggest checking out some of the Centurion submission threads, Andy, and you can use this as an easy reference, http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21465-anh-stunt-legion-centurion-visual-checklist/.  After seeing your building skills in the DLT-19 photos, I definitely see a Centurion badge in your near future!

Thanks alot Joseph, I have been and checked this out and it just what i need to help me on my way.

Quick up date made a start today on the arms . Made up a sanding jig to get a good butt joint on the arm sections IMG_4355_zps1qo6yxv3.jpgIMG_4357_zpsdu8qc2uw.jpg

but have a few question and a couple of issues.

first I've quite large hands and forearms so on the forearms I have only just trim off the molded edge on the sides and are quite snug on my arms and also having trouble trying to get my hands through the opening ,I now I've still to trim the wrist end but cant get close to getting my hand through without seperating the peices ,and I quess you would normally put your gloves on before your forearms when getting kitted up which will only make thing worce.So if need be can you use a velcro to join the forearm and still get Centurion Clr .also the cover strip would need to possible be a bit  wider would this be ok .  And can someone check my tim lines for these peices please im sure your sick of this question but you cant put it back once you cut it off,IMG_4358_zpsbqpdsyon.jpgIMG_4359_zpstatwaxe3.jpgIMG_4360_zpsrtdorkzs.jpgIMG_4361_zpslowziobp.jpgIMG_4362_zpsurytidcj.jpgIMG_4363_zpsrpwernkg.jpgIMG_4364_zpsek102azy.jpgIMG_4366_zpsy2o0vmtr.jpgIMG_4365_zpsqkamefcs.jpgIMG_4367_zpskvztaqgv.jpg

And finally the shoulder bell looks like it will need to streched out a bit as it wont sit over my shoulder .I did this with my old FX kit and used boiling water but these bells have alot more form to them so I would assume more differcult to do .Has anyone tryed and how did it go ?

Many Thanks AndyIMG_4370_zpseqntc2ny.jpg

The first thing you need to do is trim the parts properly. The shoulder bells will sit fine once they are trimmed and strapped and you will fit your hand through the forearm once you completely remove all trace of the return edge on the wrist. I wear a size XL glove and can slip my hands through the forearms.

What I would say if you have really big hands is not to use 15mm joining strips and use 20mm instead. Trim the top joint to accept the 20mm strip then tape together and test fit. If you can get your hand through easily, reposition for a 15mm strap and see how that feels. Once happy, glue your 15mm or 20mm strips. If you do need the 20mm strips on the forearms then use 20mm for the biceps too :)

Thanks Paul <br>

Yeah hands are large I wear Xxl gloves which are snug as can't find any bigger.<br>

Spent this evening work on the forearms ,trimmed them up properly and adjusted to 20mm strips can get hand through but it's still tight and does stretch armour in shape so will leave it at that as I don't want to stress joint when it's glued. Will post picture when it all done . <br>

Many thanks

Hi Paul

pictures of the trimmed parts and fitting at 20mmIMG_4373_zpsmfdajk3h.jpg

IMG_4372_zpschvukjzh.jpg

as you can see my hand just fits through .

and here I've lapped joint down to 15mm abd it really hard togetmy hand through , if i use the 20mm cover strip will this prevent me from being able to get Centurion clearance ?

Advice please

Thanks Andy

IMG_4374_zpsrxkzomhg.jpg

The size of the strips will not prevent you from achieving Centurion status. Stick with the 20mm strips if that is what you need to get your hands through the wrist opening but make sure you use the same 20mm wide strips on the biceps (or wider if necessary) for aesthetics.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone have finished arm sections went with 20mm cover strips and i think they look ok ?,I have filled the return edges to make them look continues ,I know its not film accurate but as it my first build i feel theres a tendancy to try too hard ,and Im the kind of wierdo how has to try to do thing aswell as I can .As the film armour was pretty rough .and Im sure the purests frown and tut about what im doing (sorry) Im sure the next build will be more accurate. IMG_4387_zpspiaekepc.jpgIMG_4388_zpsdvf7neb7.jpgIMG_4386_zpsjij7nuwy.jpg

So have started on legs now and will let you know when there done

IMG_4389_zpsbfvudkpn.jpgIMG_4390_zpsalrtvo2c.jpg