rough cutting done, scared to proceed further. ESB TK

I attended 2 build parties and was able to do a lot there while picking the skilled builders brains and have them advise me what to do.

now im at a point where the fit and finish will show if i do things wrong what im wondering is, what is next once i have the parts as they are in my photos below. 

the kit is a Nostalgic empire (NE) TK

since each kit is slightly unique, is there any particular guidelines to follow with a NE TK build?

wisconsin has an amazing troop @ discovery world every year and i have set that as my deadline to complete my armor by. 

i have cleared my schedule this month and will be working on my TK after work every day if need be to achieve this. armor first bought in oct 2013. 2 years without a troop under my belt is too long.

the chest piece is trimmed to fit, as i had some help with that at the build party. i need to work on strapping to get it to lay properly. i assume the next step is to build off of that. ie shoulder bells. ab pieces. and groin. then work down to thighs and calf's?

im seeking advice of those who know far more than i about how to proceed. mostly im scared to glue if its not right. im using E6000 so it can be un glued later if desired, but i still like to do things right the first time :-)

thanks

Ryan

IMG_9460_zpsgekpivne.jpg

IMG_9459_zpsd6snaoid.jpg

IMG_9458_zpsvkankn8q.jpg

IMG_9457_zpsreyn3lpa.jpg

IMG_9455_zpsjm0quadr.jpg

IMG_9454_zpsojhijgpt.jpg

IMG_9449_zpsyohrw7f2.jpg

IMG_9447_zpsbb8jhshu.jpg

IMG_9448_zpsbsiwopwe.jpg

IMG_9451_zpsodlcelty.jpgIMG_9452_zpsaq1e103j.jpg

Okay, I wouldn't worry about strapping anything at all, until all of the parts (except the thighs) have been fully assembled. I always recommend saving the thighs for last, because of the potential for issues when trying to fit them.<br><br>

As for just right... Test fit the pieces while wearing your undersuit. That will make a difference, because it is compression gear, so it will make the parts fit a little loosely if they fit you fine without it. Also, always go to the screen shots, or look at some Centurion submissions with the NE kit. You will know without a doubt, that those kits look proper with regard to fit, etc.<br><br>

My next steps would be:<br>

1. Build biceps.<br>

2. Build forearms.<br>

3. Build shins.<br>

4. Build the fronts of the thighs.<br>

5. Build the TD and Belt.<br>

6. Attach shoulder bridges.<br>

7. Begin strapping the ab/kidney, then the chest/back, then arms.<br>

8. Fit thighs while wearing body armor, strap them.<br><br>

Finally, keep,doing what you've done here. Ask for help,when you get stuck. We're here to help, and we won't let you fail if you're showing us what you're doing, and asking questions as you go.

I would remove all of the return edges on the tops of the thighs before your final fitting.  Otherwise, they will cut into your legs and fit too loosely if you remove them after gluing.   

For the shoulder bells, don't cut them until you know for sure how the parts will fit together. Once you're comfortable with that, look at screen shots (and some Centurion threads here at FISD to get an idea about the proportions that they have between the biceps and the shoulder bells. When your comfortable with that information, you should b fully confident as to whether you need to trim them or not. If you feel that they do, take some pictures with the arms being worn, and draw your proposed cut line with a pencil to get opinions on it before you start cutting.