Imperial Boots Stretching

Hi fellow TK's !!

I just received my boots today but unfortunately, like a lot of you guys, they're not wide enough.... I ordered size 11 so they would be wide enough but I received size 10 (44 European). Lenght wise they are OK but they are too narrow. I took them to the local cobbler and she said that the boots were made with quality leather and it was really not a problem to stretch them to fit me. I'm really considering it since it's gonna take 6-8 weeks (probably) to get a replacement pair from Imperial boots....

I was also considering TK Boots but him too seems to be far behind....

Ideas, suggestions ???? Maybe someone has a size 11 or 12 to sell in Canada ??

Thanks 

Once you get them sized correctly, Pat, you might want to invest in some type of "shoe stretcher" like the one in the photo to keep them in shape.  Unless I am on a troop, I keep these in mine at all times, and I have found that they really help.  They make them adjustable, usually run about $20.00 or so, and can be found online.  Hope this helps!

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...

I received my boots last Thursday, Super customer service !!! I actually got my replacement pair faster than my first one !! They are still a bit on the narrow side but I'll use Joe's idea and stretch them a bit.

Another thing you can do that a lot of rock climbers and equestrian people do: put the boots on, fill them with warm water (bucket or bathtub). Drain the water out, and wear them for a few hours. This will stretch them about a half size bigger.

• Like 1

I just wish I could figure out a way to keep them cold, especially on those 3-4 hour troops in the Florida heat!!  B)

• Like 1