First Time Armor Purchase

I have looked through and have seen that Trooper gear who sells the AM (for bigger guys) is doing another run foor his armor kit. 690 (thats with shipping). im costume building inclined and have some questions.

has anyone bought armor from him before? (was posted somewhere here as a vetted source)

and does anyone know someone who can put a kit togather that charges commission?

Since im very new to this..thanks!

Try to connect with your local garrison for armor parties. You will get to know them and they get to know you. Most importantly, they can help you with the build. The vets are always helping us newbs get shiny white.

Hi Michael

As Khazid has mentioned in the above post, deffinitly get in touch with your local Garrison/squad.

Research is the key to this hobby, and yes this website can be overwhelming with details, but never fear we are here and most happy to help.

Looks like you have started off in the right direction, and from all reports AM armor has improved from the older kit. I have personally helped assemble the previous version for a large trooper, both in height and width. (Security dude, 6'4" and broad)

Secondly I would like to say, never underestimate your ability.  We all started out like you, who honestly has armor building skills from the outset. It is not as hard as you may think, you just need a few key tools and learn as you go.

The first cut is always the hardest, but the learning curve is good with a very basic rule to apply. "Measure twice, cut once", this will make seance soon enough.

Nothing can replace the pride you will have when somebody out on a troop, or at a Con asks, "where did you buy your armor"? and you respond, I assembled it myself.

Very satisfying experience i must say.

Good luck on your journey, ask lots of questions and get along to a local armor party.

Cheers

• Like 1