My First Build - ANH Stunt

Wanted to try something here...

I filled the space with an ABS paste, let it harden, then sanded.  I wanted to see if I could get more of a glueing surface.  I think it worked pretty good...

thumb_IMG_0285_1024.jpg  thumb_IMG_0286_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0585_1024.jpg

Edited by CWard

Gotta say, Chris, that this is coming along great!  Also, outstanding paint job on the bucket and ab plate buttons.  Looks like you are shooting for Centurion right out of the box, and I say kudos to you, sir!  If it's not too late, you might want to think about raising the front of your belt just a hair.  I believe it should touch the bottom of the ab button plate or even overlap just a bit.

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 1

My hyperfirm just arrived.  I like it a lot.  A friend suggested taking some flat black paint to cover some of the gold on the scope.  I will be taking care of that soon...

thumb_IMG_1108_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1109_1024_1.jpg

Cheers, and thanks for all the positive comments and constructive suggestions.

Edited by CWard

Looking awesome. Raise the belt a tad and you're there. Those socks are totally Empire issued

Thank you for the suggestion.  I brought it up and is sitting correct now...

Finally done!!!  I will be submitting my application tonight.  It has been a long journey and can't wait to get out trooping.  I want to thank gazmosis for everything your help and knowledge.  Thank you to all who have submitted comments. 

001.jpg

002.jpg

Congrats, TK 81477!!  Now, time to move up the ladder to EIB and Centurion, Chris.  Jason was right about the cover strips lining up.  I had the same problem, but fixed it with a couple of strips of foam, (1 inch square by 8 inches long) velcroed inside the calf to keep it from shifting.  Works like a charm

• Like 1

Went to the Home Depot to day to pick up a Stanley Mobile Chest put they were out.  So I picked up this guy.  It seems to work just fine...

thumb_IMG_1296_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1297_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1298_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1299_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1300_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_1301_1024.jpg