Ideas for soft plastic lenses?

Kal

Hey So I Bought An AP Kit Which Came With A Green Soft Plastic Screen And I AM Having Some Difficulty Finding The Best Way To Install It.

Some Other Kits Have You Screen The Sheet Onto The Screws For Conneting The Two Helmet Pieces But My Screen Isn't Long Enough For That.

I'd Like To Get Some Opinions Before I Start Cutting Away At The Thing. Also Some Threads Say To Just Hot Glue Gun It In But Also To Leave Some Space For Ventilation So That They Don't Fog Up.

How Would I Go About Doing That If I Do Cut Them Out? Wouldn't A Flush Fit Look Better?

I'd say go to trooperbay and buy the hard dark green lenses. They are long enough to screw in, and they are dark enough for the public so they don't see your eyes, and you'll be able to see.

Well the lens that comes with the AP armor is too flimsy and the public can see through your helmet and see your eyes, but if you must use them, just use packing tape or duct tape them in

I replaced my AP acetate with a face shield from Tenaquip (industrial supplier in Montreal). It cost me $18 and I have enough material to do 4-5 strips, I tried individual lens at first but in the end I just used one long strip that is screwed in the helmet (with the ear screws) and it's also hidden behind my helmet padding. I also cut a notch at the nose level and the natural curve of the shield is perfect for the bucket ant it leaves a small gap between the lens and the bucket for the air to circulate. If you choose to go that route, go with a shade 3 or 4. Anything hire and you'll have difficulty seeing inside.

mUgSsFI.jpg

TiCuiTE.jpg

Sv5nd48.jpg

W5sBBtr.jpg

Hope it helps !!