Allan1313's Phoenix Props E11 build

allan1313

So today was T-track day. I was able to do it, but not 100% satisfied.

So I used the hot water method to bend the ends and then trimmed them to fit.

qDY3yMH.jpg

iXLCCFg.jpg

3sSMNtD.jpg

Some are better than others and they are not all flush with the tube. I messed around for a few hours and could not get it perfect. I used some E600 to glue in the ends. Hopefully they look better to my eyes tomorrow.

gTWAT1v.jpg

On 10/2/2015 at 7:43 AM, allan1313 said:

So today was T-track day. I was able to do it, but not 100% satisfied.

So I used the hot water method to bend the ends and then trimmed them to fit.

Some are better than others and they are not all flush with the tube. I messed around for a few hours and could not get it perfect. I used some E600 to glue in the ends. Hopefully they look better to my eyes tomorrow.

What I would do if they don't lay flat is hit them slowly with a heat gun and hold them down with your fingers to get them flat on the tube. Another option is to put a rubberband around the tracks at 1/3 and 2/3 length so they aren't too close to the ends. then hit the tracks near the bends with the heat gun, again carefully and not too close, this will press them back into shape nice and flat.

• Like 1

What I would do if they don't lay flat is hit them slowly with a heat gun and hold them down with your fingers to get them flat on the tube. Another option is to put a rubberband around the tracks at 1/3 and 2/3 length so they aren't too close to the ends. then hit the tracks near the bends with the heat gun, again carefully and not too close, this will press them back into shape nice and flat.

Thanks I will give that a shot.

Dday your tip was good. I borrowed my dad's heat gun. They are definitely improved and I will do some fine tuning.

Other than that I am almost done. Added some more of the greebles.

xgvKliq.jpg

D3CMFt1.jpg

fdOlByJ.jpg

pmcDraT.jpg

Once everything dries I will take a video showing the electronics and folding stock in action.

Well it is 99% done. The only thing left is to touch up the paint and weather it. But here is a video showing it completed with the electronics and folding stock in motion:

Dday's kit is awesome, if you are looking for a nice kit check him out.

Also a shout out to VulpX and Captain_Wordo for their build threads.

Thanks for following along. Hit me up with any questions about my build.

• Like 2