Velcro for Forearms & Shins

I've read about using Velcro on the inside seam of the forearms and the backs of the shins instead of gluing them shut.

How many of you did that or are planning on it?

If you have done this, what kind of Velcro did you use, and what did you use to apply it?

Thanks!

No Velcro for the forearms. These are one piece butt join with cover strips. The backs of the shins can be closed with Velcro. Be sure to build the backs so that the rear cover strip is on the outer half of the shin.

This photo shows it with overlap build but you get the point right. The idea is that people looking from the side only see armor not Velcro.

51PCoGj.jpg

Photo again is showing the overlap build but I wanted you to see the rear closure and position of the cover strip.

I used a 1" white industrial Velcro and added a thin smear of E-6000 to the adhesive backing. Have not had the Velcro peel up, and anybody using ATA can understand just how tight that left one is done up. Hope this helps.

You'll realize you will not need velcro for the forearms, glue them shut! And everyone uses either hooks magnets or velcro for the shins. It would be impossible to fit your feet in if shins were shut haha.

Does anyone use Velcro on the forearms? My hands are pretty big so I have a similar problem to the shins, but I do still have a little bit of return edge to remove, so that might do the trick...

To answer your question....No

Basic Approval CRL states :

Forearms

For 501st approval:

Forearms are fully closed.

All of the return edge at the wrist needs to be removed.