M38 scope

One question about the stiffness of the metal.

I have one scope that is somehow dinged at the end with smaller lense. Ist really just on the edge of the outer tube. Can this be fixed by removing the lense and then push from the inside? If ist not easy imaginable I try to make photos.

Edited by Spike1007

Alright, thank you for the pictures. :)

My pleasure!

The scope is made of brass and not easy to reshape.

Mine has a ding too but I leave it as it is. Looking like battle worn. :)

Anyway we love pictures of these things. :)

Edited by Novak Dimon

• 2 months later...

One question about the stiffness of the metal.

I have one scope that is somehow dinged at the end with smaller lense. Ist really just on the edge of the outer tube. Can this be fixed by removing the lense and then push from the inside? If ist not easy imaginable I try to make photos.

Thread necro, but I just a relevant experience. The front of the scope CAN be reshaped.  It's pretty east to do.  Basically, you just remove the objective lens assemble by removing the 3 screws on the front.  Carefully remove the assembly, and don;t lose the collimation screws (they are sometimes stuck to the assembly by paint that covers the access ports.  They can fall off and get lost if you are not paying attention).  The very front part of the scope is not a relatively thin wall of sheet brass, as opposed the heavy cast brass of the scope body.  I used tape covered, very small pliers to bend the scoipe back into shape.  Reassemble and you're good to go.  FWIW, a little dig adds some character IMO....  but Mie was kinda big, so I mostly fixed it.