Has anybody recasted the master replicas TK helmet?

tribune

We do not support recasting on this forum.

Besides that, you can get an accurate kit to build for $150 US.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So its a discontinued item from a company thats not in business anymore?.

Would that really be considered malicious recasting?.

Are ther any helmets that come close to MR?.

Iv seen lots with oversized bobblehead-ears that shootout-flatish faces.

thats why i want a MR so bad.

Dont think there is any equivalent to it (sizing/wise) anyway.

Edited by tribune

You could make that argument and some would agree with that, but why recast a bad helmet anyway? Even the cheap kit helmets we support here are better than the MR (especially the collectors edition).

Go to the "getting started" area, and read the pinned thread "The various types of armour and where to get them". Almost all of them will offer to sell you just the helmet. We also have some other makers who are yet to be "vetted" as trusted sellers and get on that list, but who are well on their way of getting there who offer kits in the for-sale area.

Word, I kno dude. and your probly right. I just didnt want to build one or pay for obe to be built. im being lame/lazy. 

Im not bustin you down or saying its the best. Just best for me proportion wise. 

iv tesearched.but ther are not alot of comparison pics next to a MR for me to base a decision on.

Thats why I just broke down and asked.

Edited by tribune

No worries. But do get a nice kit to build. It's not that hard. We have hundreds of threads showing how it's done. Anyone can do it.

So its a discontinued item from a company thats not in business anymore?.

Would that really be considered malicious recasting?.

Are ther any helmets that come close to MR?.

Iv seen lots with oversized bobblehead-ears that shootout-flatish faces.

thats why i want a MR so bad.

Dont think there is any equivalent to it (sizing/wise) anyway.

EFX continued the making of MR CE helmets since EFX continued after MR got out of business. So if you recast MR CE helmet you recast EFX PCR helmet, and that is bad since the molds are still in use.

Edited by jkno

Was hoping somebody made a resin MR.

If you absolutely must have a resin helmet instead of a quality ABS kit, there is sometimes resin casts of the DaveM helmet on ebay.

As much as I hate to admit it iv be en looking at some kits.

Im slowly realizing im not going to get a MR. Im a lil butt hurt..

Dude you kno more then me. Does the resin helmet you spoke of look like a MR, size wise?.

Ha that rhymed. 

As much as I hate to admit it iv be en looking at some kits.

Im slowly realizing im not going to get a MR. Im a lil butt hurt..

Dude you kno more then me. Does the resin helmet you spoke of look like a MR, size wise?.

Ha that rhymed. 

Don't know the size exact of the premium MR. But they ought to be pretty similar. As would any kit.

As would any kit.

Come on dudeman. Even with my lack of knowledge you kno just as much as I do that all these makers helmets are a little different either general size, or proportions. I read the thing you told me and im still having trouble narrowing it down due to size

Which is my delema. Ya kno, its terreble #thestruggle.

They are yes. But it's mostly dependent on assembly. If large is what you want, have a look at RS. It has minimal shrinkage due to its direct lineage.

Don't know anything about them. So you're on your own. Don't get the need for symmetry either. It looks plain weird when they are symmetric.

For what it's worth, the premium MR wasn't very symmetric or small either. You could just go with an AP kit instead. The collectors edition (MRCE) was symmetric, but not particularily small.

Gotcha, wanted to at least ask bout them. 

Iv held a MR in my hands and it was nooice. like a unicorn, wanted one ever since.

But after seeing those prices its not guna happen. So yea besides ebay miracles, or a resin one poping up...  

if it comes down to it AP is what its going to be i guess. It looks great just being lazy and didnt want to build it. 

Iv held a MR in my hands and it was nooice. like a unicorn, wanted one ever since.

But after seeing those prices its not guna happen. So yea besides ebay miracles, or a resin one poping up...

if it comes down to it AP is what its going to be i guess. It looks great just being lazy and didnt want to build it.

You can always buy it build.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

To be clear there are 2 types of Master Replicas (MR) / EFX Collectibles Stormtrooper helmets:

1. MR Collector's Edition (MR CE) / EFX Precision Cast (EFX PCR), both made out of ABS and symmetrical - they are identical to each other except the producer label

2. MR / EFX Limited Edition (LE) helmets made out of fiberglass, with edition plaque, COA and stand - this is more of a collector piece. MR managed to make only 1048 helmets IIRC, and when EFX took over they made another 500 of the exact same helmet, but with different plaque, stand and COA (but the helmet itself is 99% identical to MR)

The MR CE/EFX PCR are a tad bigger than any of my other TK helmets I own: TE2, RS Prop Masters, ATA and SDS. As for accuracy it is less accurate than any of the other helmets i own due to its symmetrical appearance. Though a nice helmet. And as I said recasting it in NOT a good thing because EFX might come after you since it is still in production.

Edited by jkno