trooper96's E-11 Project

Hi Bryan, I replied to your PM with step by step instructions, but for the benefit of everyone else...

Here's a photo of the selector switch disassembled:

4969730D-F03D-4156-8A8A-FBFFF277C0D3_zps

I just got around to doing this. Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Starting up the project again with a proper 1-1/2" tube.

Template applied.

E11_001_zpssqgudsd2.jpg

Rough drilling and cutting.

E11_002_zps0jt2qcpu.jpg

After cleanup and sanding, a little trial fitting with L2A3 parts just for fun.

E11_003_zpsqpcaiq2x.jpg

20170216_212603_zpsmjgey7c4.jpg

20170216_212710_zpsfzgddoua.jpg

Great looking stuff. Do they purposely hack the parts up so it can't be turned back into working firearm?

In order for a sterling to be sold, and shipped to a person in US, the gun has to be "salvaged", or "decommissioned", which means, as you saw, hacked apart. It makes it significantly harder for some one to rebuild a working Sterling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Making a form for the main buffer spring.

20170225_122701_zpsd4ektlw5.jpg

OK, does anyone know either the pitch of the spring coils or the number that should be visible in the cocking handle slot? I read that once somewhere on this forum but don't remember where.

Never mind. It occurred to me that I could use my actual main spring if I could find a way to keep end cap in place and compress it.

11 coils visible.

Pitch is approximately 3/8" [9mm]

20170226_082608_zps7rcc963z.jpg

i would be great if you could mold it separately... Any plans making molds for the trigger group assembly?

Possibly. Moving trigger?

Not just the trigger moving but the internals as well... hope you can offer it as a kit in the future?

OK, I disassembled the trigger group from the grip and unpacked all the clay I had used to fill it for molding. There are lots of flat plates, pins, springs, and moving parts. I can copy any part I can disassemble , except maybe springs. However, I have serious doubts about creating anything that could be made functional. Just way too complex for my skill level. I do have a plan for a moving trigger. It will mean casting a separate grip frame, grip, trigger group, and trigger. Maybe I will look at casting the grip frame with the main tube.

TRIGGER%20PARTS%201024_zps1cm7rbpf.jpg

Edited by trooper96
  • Like 1

OK, I disassembled the trigger group from the grip and unpacked all the clay I had used to fill it for molding. There are lots of flat plates, pins, springs, and moving parts. I can copy any part I can disassemble , except maybe springs. However, I have serious doubts about creating anything that could be made functional. Just way too complex for my skill level. I do have a plan for a moving trigger. It will mean casting a separate grip frame, grip, trigger group, and trigger. Maybe I will look at casting the grip frame with the main tube.

I have seen on another E-11 build where the builder incorporated a neodymium magnet to hold the trigger in the ready position, and a spring to push the trigger back to the ready position, once the trigger had been pulled. I am sorry that I don't remember whose build it was.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have seen on another E-11 build where the builder incorporated a neodymium magnet to hold the trigger in the ready position, and a spring to push the trigger back to the ready position, once the trigger had been pulled. I am sorry that I don't remember whose build it was.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Interesting...

• 2 weeks later...