Hand Guards- Ways to attach

That depends on what kind you're using.

Back when I still used plastic hand guards, I glued (using E-6000) two loops of elastic inside them. The rear one goes around your wrist, and the front one around your palm. That keeps it in the right position, is reliable and non-intrusive.

When you have rubber hand guards and rubber gloves, you just glue them on to the glove.

IMG_20150712_234727.jpg

If you're wearing rubber gloves with your TK, you can try this alternative to the elastic loop method for plastic hand guards.

First cut some canvas to the same size/shape as the inside of your hand guard (I used two pieces each for added thickness).

------

Next sew some velcro (loop) to the canvas in the same shape. Glue the canvas/velcro 'hand guard' to your glove using contact adhesive (recommend contact method)

---------

Apply self-adhesive velcro (hook) to the inside of the plastic hand guard, and use this to attach to the glove.

C

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

With my rubber handguards, I made similar elastic loops.   E-6000 didn't hold it at all so I ended up using Loctite GO2 gel.  

Yeah, about the only thing E-6000 doesn't bond well with is that rubber.