Nylon snap plate - too small?

Trying to make nylon snap plates here, but I can't shake off that feeling of them being so tiny...

Is this the correct size?

It's from 1" black nylon webbing.   1" (width) x 1,5" (lenght)

bHh2ioB.jpg

17b0WwJ.jpg

caiZIwJ.jpg

I would recommend using 1 1/2" squares. Everything else you are doing looks fine, the flame to stop fraying edges and the hot nail is it to pierce the centre hole. Just switch up to the 1 1/2" nylon webbing and use 1 1/2" Elastic to do your strapping. You will have much better coverage for your E6000 to work properly. Hope this helps

Mine were/are about the same size as the ones that you're making here.

I think you'll be fine. Ultimately, when using webbing for snap plates, the entire surface will be a point of contact for the glue.

On 7/11/2015 at 11:37 PM, Coastertk said:

I would recommend using 1 1/2" squares. Everything else you are doing looks fine, the flame to stop fraying edges and the hot nail is it to pierce the centre hole. Just switch up to the 1 1/2" nylon webbing and use 1 1/2" Elastic to do your strapping. You will have much better coverage for your E6000 to work properly. Hope this helps

Thanks a lot! It helps, yes and no.

Yes - I now know I'm in the right direction

No - I bought together 50m of both 1" elastic and flat webbing.  :D

hTDYGY6.jpg

Mine were/are about the same size as the ones that you're making here.

I think you'll be fine. Ultimately, when using webbing for snap plates, the entire surface will be a point of contact for the glue.

Thanks, that's comforting to hear!

This seems like a good prep prodject while waiting for the big brown box... I count 29 needed snap plates.. Sound about right?

Barclay

It all depends on how you choose to strap everything, but if you make 30 of them, you should be pretty close to what you need, give or take a few.