Alex' 1st Journey [RS Stunt Build]

Hey guys,

you don't know how excited i was when my two big brown boxes arrived from RS Propmasters. It was like Christmas and my Birthday at the same time. Everything was wrapped nicely and covered - good job on that RS. While inspecting all the parts i realized that two parts are missing (canvas belt and green eye film). But that's okay.. i am in contact with the support and we will find a solution for that.

So this is my first Build and i will start with a small piece to get the feeling for the material (ABS) and general experience.

nw5X8W.jpg

As you can see i have to flatten the top edge of the control panel. Clips are pre-bent and attacged by RS.

kYyX4m.jpg

25mm wide clips.

ewGBuC.jpg

Length of 177mm of the tube without the caps.

XCoUXQ.jpg

I set the thickness to 21mm. Is that the right size for the caps? Or should i take more off to get the total length of 190,5mm?

Regards,

Alex

20 mm is perfect for the end caps. Your control panel will be around 120 mm and your gap between the control panel and end caps should be about 12. I hope my conversions are correct.

I reduced the thickness of the end caps to 20mm.

zLxiRI.jpg

But now as you can see the total length is about 180mm instead of 190mm. The CRL says for level two certification "little to no gap between clips and end caps". The quick and dirty fix is a gap of 5mm between the clips and end caps. Is this size of gap okay?

mfImqC.jpg

Hey there,

after a little break i could work on my TD again. As i described my problem with the total length, i did the quick&dirty fix. So now i have a gap of 5mm between the metal clips and endcaps. Total length now 190mm. Not happy with this looking but it should work for the moment. Will deffo build another TD without any gaps and the right sizing. :)

5mm gap between metal clips and endcaps.

oUAw0l.jpg

Total length of 190mm.

Xb0Ltn.jpg

TD top view.

xzBER5.jpg

TD bottom view.

Amf2Dw.jpg

TD is almost done. I just have to glue the control panel on the pipe.

Next thing would be the helmet. This beast makes me crazy. I have so much respect and am afraid to do a wrong cut or ruin everything... but hey you'll never know if you'll never try.

First things first. Before cutting i did research some original helmets and took it as reference. Pencil strokes were made and ready to cut.

Strokes on the left eye.

J4Gpv2.jpg

Strokes on the right eye.

cftipJ.jpg

Cutting right eye.

SPIo8K.jpg

SPIo8K.jpg

Cutting right eye complete.

bnDtnw.jpg

Cutting left eye.

TgoQq9.jpg

Cutting left eye complete.

OwFHdw.jpg

Eye cutting complete front view.

okZZNu.jpg

What do you think about the shape of the eyes? Good so far? Any advices? So this was rough cutting.. next step is sanding the edges a bit.

Edited by FutureAlexx

Thanks for your thoughts. I think i'll have to cut a bit more off then.

Slow process:

Right eye trimmed a bit more.

GhltOy.jpg
w264Q2.jpg

Left eye trimmed a bit more.

P4zH2z.jpg
6zf0SR.jpg

Do you think it's enough or should i trim even more?

Edited by FutureAlexx

• 2 weeks later...

Worked a little on the teeth and ended up with this. I know that i have to clean the edges of the teeth. :)

Teeth left side

tkMCTN.jpg
peZR6J.jpg
9hd9Z0.jpg

Teeth right side

kJ4ho8.jpg
tn9hpi.jpg
TrpjE7.jpg
5nejct.jpg

Front view Faceplate

YaQpau.jpg

Right eyebrow trimmed to the right length.

EUqizN.jpg

Left eyebrow trimmed to the left length.

FA3975.jpg

First fitting and adjusting of the helmet.

F36UOT.jpg