How to: Make your own M40/M39 E-11 Blaster Scope

This is a simple and cheaper alternative to the resin models and maybe even Doopydoos. No, this isn't 100% accurate; and would be better for a pipe build than an actual Sterling. But real scopes are expensive as heck.

So here's the supplies that you will need. Prices are based on Home Depot

*(1)Washer finish brass #12 $1.18

*(1)3/4' PVC coupling $0.28

*(1)3/4' PVC cap $0.42

*(1)Fender washer 1/4 zinc $0.12

*(1)3/4' PVC pipe 10ft 200 psi $2.17

*(1)(smaller/thinner than 3/4' PVC pipe $2.15

(1) On the 3'4' PVC pipe, you need to cut off 6m (using the bottom measures on a retractable tape measure)

(2) The 3'4' cap needs to be measured and cut. To match the M40 Scope eyepiece. This needs to measured out as 2 1/2m.

(3) You can put a thin layer of E-6000 if you like, before applying the cap and the PVC coupling on the ends of the PVC pipe.

(4) Apply E-6000 (or any other epoxy) on one side of the Fender washer.

(5) Cut off 2m of the smaller PVC pipe and apply E-6000 on the end for the Fender washer.

(6) Apply thin layer of E-6000 on the Brass Finish Washer.

(7) After everything is assembled and dried, I used Krylon Color master Metallic Gold for the undercoat, then Black.

*If you have any questions on how to build this send me a PM.

post-20308-143654701294_thumb.jpg

post-20308-143654714334_thumb.jpg

Edited by aliens8us

all it would take is a little shaping, Some filler certainly would make it look more like a scope instead of a series of pipes.

where are the feet?

not bad?

Yeah I suppose you could add more details to your liking to make it more 'accurate'. Consider this a 'poor man's affordable scope'. As for the feet of the scope to attach to a scope rail, was a minor detail I forgot. You could use a pen tube, pieces of wood, etc.

I am trying not to be negative, but I would finish this off into something a little closer. It's a great scope option for someone who is a real go getter, People nowadays are leaning towards more realism. Projects seem to always be in development. Keep up the great work!!

I appreciate the feedback and positive criticism too. By no means am I as artistic as everyone else here. But looking at the original scope and the pieces I saw at Home Depot/Lowe's, got me thinking. And if I could do this, then share 'the wealth'!

I'll definitely look into getting some 'green stuff' and I saw another tutorial with the scope lens insert on this forum that I may try out. (So I'll edit out the $10 bit until I have a 'finished product' LOL)