Anovos gaskets - Instructions?

Vertex

Hey all,

Like everything else in this build I'm double and triple checking references and resources before cutting, gluing, sanding and all that.

I'm starting to put my gaskets together and even though I can sort of figure out how they go I'd really like to verify my plan of action by comparing to what others did. Does anyone have the instructions for these?

Thanks

Edited by Vertex

I don't have instructions but the gaskets are partially covered in clints build thread and in my build thread. As you will find there, both of us where/are not happy with the initial take.

I'd recommend that you at first try to sew them instead of gluing. So keep 1cm or 1/2" of the webbing around the gaskets as seam allowance. Then sew them together with this seam allowance overlapping. If you are not happy with that you definitly have not cut away too much and a seam is much more easy to open again than glue.

Regarding what to where to cut, you may take this picture from my build thread as reference.

IMG_6877.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

What type of thread did you use? Poly? Nylon?

I glued them first and I'm not happy with the result  :mellow:

I did some test with normal polysester thread. It works but I'll go for a heavier thread, just to be sure. I'll share my experiments within the next few days in my build thread.

Sorry, I never constructed them. The glue that comes with them works well from the test I did on them. I would just shim them together with the scraps after trimming. Good luck.