M38A2 (I guess?)

Hey all, so the postman dropped off a package today.  I bought an M38A2 but hadn't really looked closely at the photos.

Here are some pictures of it that I took.  As you'll see, this one doesn't look like any I've seen.

What happened to the mounting flange on the taper nearest the user?  And the one existing flange is tiny!
The clamp looking thing rotates and should be removable.

Did I just buy a paper weight?

post-23287-0-44159300-1435941992_thumb.jpg

post-23287-0-23255200-1435941999_thumb.jpg

post-23287-0-99467600-1435942003_thumb.jpg

I looked at the pictures, but not very close before I bid.  Then I completely forgot that about it.  Full disclosure, I may have had a few cans of Pabst in me at the time.

More than a few perhaps.

Okay I was drunk.

At any rate, I didn't pay a whole lot so I'm not upset with myself.  I just need to figure out what I have and what to do with it. :)

• Like 1

Looks like someone cut off the mounting legs. I have designed a 3d printable full scale version of the M38 scope I used an actual M38A2 scope for the measurements. You could find someone with a 3d printer and print out the legs and glue them to your scope. See link for more info: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31703-e-11-blaster-3d-printed-parts. If you don't have access to a 3d printer, Staples or Shapeways will print them for a fee and mail them to you.

• Like 1