SoroSuub C1 Comlink

Well in preparation for building my own armour and Converted Doopydoos E11 blaster I thought that it would be interesting to have a go at making a prop or two of my own.

Firstly I produced s 3d model using some reference images I managed to get hold of and then printed it out on a 3D printer.

It is still a work in progress but I would be interested to see what people's think so far.

I'll post a few pictures shortly

Edited by Thrawn's guard

Ok the picture above is how it stands at the moment (My first attempt at a prop).

I still have some more work to do on this including black gloss paintwork to the central section, a metallic texturing to the tip and a metal mesh insert.

I also have some filing and cleaning up but hopefully you get a idea of what I am putting together.

I hope to have this finished today so will post a picture of the complete build once done.

Do any troopers out there wear these with there armour ?

Once completed I may look to produce a light sabre hilt and then it will probably be on to the big one..,....my Doopydoos E11 conversion.

At least doing these side projects will give me some time to save up for my armour kit.

Looking great, Chris!  I also have a C1, (I just like building things), and have worn it a few times to non-canon events, as I am ANH Stunt, and this is only approved for Hero.  I have seen Hero builds that attach it directly to the belt with a snap, but it's gotta be difficult to get it on and off considering the limited sight options with a bucket on!  I chose to attach a clip to it, and it slides on easily.  

If you are going for Hero, I would suggest working up a plan on your 3-D printer for a grappling hook, another approved accessory for Hero.  I made one from scratch, (like I said, I just like to build things), but sold it to a fellow TK.  Since there is no-one making these, you could probably sell a few on here as well!  I can PM you pics if you like...

Also, the original C1 is a bit wider toward the top.... something to think about...   All the best, and keep up the great work!!C1_personal_comlink_zpsvjw8hr5c.png

Hi Joseph I'm glad that you like it and thanks for the feedback which is always very welcome.

I also like to build things so thought that this would be a reasonably straightforward first venture in to the world of prop building.

I have actually modelled 3 variants of the C1 comlink one of which includes the larger diameter 'rings' rather than the fins shown in my earlier photographs so I will probably end up building that version too.

Just curious but do you know why the accessories are approved for hero but not stunt builds ?

Also if you could PM me the photos that you mention above it would be much appreciated as I do intend to look at producing a number of star wars related props.

I have actually modelled a number of different items already as a means of getting to grips with the 3D modelling software.

My understanding is that the Comlink and grappling hook/box were used by Luke (remember the scene where he and Leia used it),  the "Hero".  I don't believe there were any other TKs that wore it.  (Kinda makes me wonder where he got it from).  These props are worn in instead of a Thermal detonator