Before buying my armor kit some questions - pls help :)

Hey guys,

my name is Alexander and i have soime questions about some things before i get started. First things first: I am not the tallest man in the universe with 5'5" and weighing something about 132lbs.

For better knowledge about my body and size.. here are my approx. measurement:

Head: 54cm / 21"
Shin: 35cm / 13.77"
Thigh: 32cm / 12.6"
Torso: 43cm / 17"
Full Arm: 70cm / 27.55"
Forearm: 24,5cm / 9,64"
Upper Arm (Biceps): 20cm / 7.9"

As you can see, i am not that kind of Wookiee. :) I'm liking the ANH Stunt version and with this said, i will get this kind of armor kit. I've read a lot of sizing and manufactuers and i think i will give RS Prop Masters the chance. I had contacted those guys and told them the same measurements and they told me that my sizes should not be the problem with this kit. Would you guys say the same thing? They offers the product in two kind of plastics, ABS and PVC. Do you have a favorite? Which kind of them are better or worse? Pro and contra would be very appreciated.

They also offers a strapping package with all the stuff for the strapping (you don't say?! :D). Did you guys get any kind of experience with this strapping package? Is it worth it or would you say go with other ones.. For now this is it. Hope you guys can help me out in some points. And ofc i will read many building threads to get some ideas for my own build.

Kind regards,

Alex

I agree with the guys from RS, your measurements fall in the range for the stormtrooper armor. You're on the short side of the range so some trimming around the knees might be necessary to ease your walk, and you may benefit from some padding inside the armor to avoid it to rattle around too much, but there's not much to worry about.

About materials, PVC is a brighter white but less flexible than ABS, or at least more subject to brittle . ABS has the screen-accurate off-white shade, is more flexible and is the original material used so I'd go ABS all the way against PVC.

I also recommand their strapping package. It's expensive but it gives beautiful results. Watch some RS build thread to give you an idea about it. Look for the build threads from "Squeaky", "LeMaxim", "Bulldog44", "Echo", ... There's plenty around ;).