3rd Annual Motion Picture Association of America Con

Attended:

Michael Perkins-TK10114

Randy Specht-TK21029

Leonard Chamberlin-TK50421 (Liaison/Handler)

This was an event that was part of the Lucas Films Limited/Disney casting calls from the 501st. They only needed two TKs and myself and Randy were chosen. This was Randy's first troop so no pressure at all! We arrived at 7am at the Newseum in downtown Washington DC located right on Pennsylvania Ave. We met up with Lauren the CWA representative that was going to be coordinating the schedule of activities. Leonard went with her to go through the routine and locations. It was clear with the paper he had in hand this was going to be a busy schedule. After we suited up we got to the registration area and greeted people coming in. It was very apparent that no one knew Stormtroopers were going to be at this event. We immediately had pictures taken and started arresting individuals using my binders. From there we moved inside into the main area of the convention for more photo opportunities. It was revealed to us we were to be on stage during the opening statement for the presentations and discussion forum. The staff involved from the convention was impressed with how we handled the event and not for Leonard's help Lauren would not have been able to make the other groups and activities flow so nicely. There were politicians, Microsoft, Pixar, ABC, and other industry leader attending this convention.  We ran into Senator and President of the MPAA Chris Dodd and had a photo shoot with him. He told the crowd he did not need security with us around as his personal guards. I then told him and the crowd that it was true since we were expert marksmen, the best the empire has to offer. We played xbox connect and actually danced to music as Jabba Da Huts girls that was recorded. Played minecraft, 007 photos and a character picture by Noiratures that was a hit and the individual running the booth was ecstatic wearing his Star Wars tshirt! We finished the event by attending the VIP lounge for more pictures and out on the balcony had people on the street taking pictures along with the Newsuem official photographer. On the way back to change a program engineer grabbed us and wanted us to crash a live TV show "The Young Turks" (4/24/15 show). I needed help getting u the steps to the stage, but we showed up and got a great response and the hosts had no idea what to think? In the end it was an absolutely great experience where we presented well and finished even better! Disney and CWA very more than happy and for the first time as a result were the Trend on Twitter and Instagram. Enjoy the pictures!

Picture 1-TK10114 Helmet

Picture 2-On the roof of the Newseum

Picture 3-Senator Chris Dodd

Picture 4-Jessica Moore from Disney

Picture 5-Cathy McMorris & ABC White House Correspondent Johnathan Karl 

post-21142-0-12289000-1430008976_thumb.jpg

post-21142-0-72969300-1430009099_thumb.jpg

post-21142-0-80759300-1430009772_thumb.jpg

post-21142-0-80426100-1430009791_thumb.jpg

post-21142-0-99561700-1430009806_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ah, so that explains it. I saw some of your photos on Facebook this morning. I was wondering what two TKs were doing in D.C. today. I didn't realize Disney/LFL had started with the casting calls. How does that process work?

Lucas will put in a request for specific character(s) and when, what and where the event will be. When they do the Garrison CO will request submittals on the garrison forum that are pictures of the person in armor; front, left, right, back and action pose which helps followed by pictures of you in your under suit with shoes on and your info for height with and without helmet and weight to be sent to Lucas. Lucas will make their selection and then through the Garrison CO pass information on for the Lucas and Disney coordinator to those selected. Make sure you keep your CO updated and follow protocols since we are not representing the 501st but LFL/Disney.

• Like 1

Excellent work Michael, you two looked awesome, and totally rocked that event.

What a fun experience, we don't really see anything like that here in Australia, well, at least not in Brisbane.