Thigh Mods

Need some advice... the bottom of my thighs are rubbing horribly against the back of my knees. I need to either pad them, or cut them down some.

I'm going to try padding them first... then maybe I will cut them if I have to.

Cutting is ALWAYS a last resort though I believe!

What are suggestions? Who else has had this problem?

Okay... the foam padding doesn't work. Still rubs.

So I'm thinking trimming.

But... should I un-glue the legs and trim the tops so that they still have the bottom ridge width? (un-gluing would be a pain... though it is hot glue, not ABS cement, and it's only on the back) Or should I trim the bottoms?

Here's where they are rubbing.

Keep in mind this pic was taken prior to me gluing the backs... and / or making them fit tighter at the bottom. They are much less "tubes" now and more "cones" (narrower at the bottom) as they should be.

I'd get the dremel out and just trim as needed. I have to confess I'm very much biased against the current FX thighs. The backs aren't accurate anyway, so cutting to suit your needs will probably make them look better.

My two credits anyway...

Thanks!

Yes... I'm thinking no one would ever notice if I cut them... people just don't look "there" on the suit.

Sort of like I shaved my goatee 2 nights ago... then, yesterday morning showed my mother-in-law my armor. Took my helmet off, talked about it for a while. Later I said Celeste, my wife, "I don't think your mom noticed I shaved." She said, "You had Stormtrooper armor on... I don't think anyone would've noticed." :)

I ended up cutting the tops down, AND trimming the points off the backs. MUCH better!!! Ahhhh... relief! I can go down stairs now! :)

I say half and half Cut to a respectable point then pad the rest for a prefect fit. Thats how i go about it.... never know when your going to pack on a few extra pounds. Also if there is a little extra white Paint the inside of your armor black. A problem i have

White in the butt plate

suZPQDC.jpg

Now a pic of the inside of the armor painted black in pic's no one can tell ;)

jO2KwCg.jpg

that pretty guttsy. how did you cut your thigh pieces. with a drimmle or what?

I used tin snips.

I first marked a line the same distance (about 1/4 of an inch or less) around the top of the thigh pieces.

Then just cut into it.

Started small like that so I could cut more off if need be... cause, of course, you can NOT add more back on!

Like I said, it worked great!