Making Trooper Armor Bucks

Hey guys,

Just got a quick question for you all.

I'd like to make my own armor, and bucks. For no other reason than it would be fun, and I love making things.

So here's the question, how are the bucks made? I plan on making them out of wood, but I suppose my crux of the question is really

how do you make them...accurately? Is there some set of dimensions to aid in the creation of the bucks?

I've scoured the internet, and can't seem to find any documentation on how the bucks are actually made, outside of what materials are used.

Hello Liam!,

most of the individuals here don't make their own armor, because we all have either found suits that are cast from originals, or the sculptor has taken several years and many thousands of dollars to make a vac forming machine, the bucks, and had to purchase plastic at a very high cost.

most plastic suppliers do not sell small amounts of the high grade plastic you're going to need.

I suggest you look at RS Propmasters, Troopermaster or Authentic Props as likely candidates for accurate armor.

HERE we go again!

making your own armor from your own tools might result in you having to take many years of study to get right?

(unless you are a sculptor by trade.)

Our photo reference section is chock full of detailed photos... enjoy those! and look in the Getting Started section of our site here!

we have a listing of Vetted amor makes and makers.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Hello Liam!,

most of the individuals here don't make their own armor, because we all have either found suits that are cast from originals, or the sculptor has taken several years and many thousands of dollars to make a vac forming machine, the bucks, and had to purchase plastic at a very high cost.

most plastic suppliers do not sell small amounts of the high grade plastic you're going to need.

I suggest you look at RS Propmasters, Troopermaster or Authentic Props as likely candidates for accurate armor.

HERE we go again!

making your own armor from your own tools might result in you having to take many years of study to get right?

(unless you are a sculptor by trade.)

Our photo reference section is chock full of detailed photos... enjoy those! and look in the Getting Started section of our site here!

we have a listing of Vetted amor makes and makers.

Thanks!

I'm looking to make as accurate a stormtrooper as possible, but the goal isn't to pass for the 501st, it's just to have on a dummy in my theater room.

As a maker, these things are fun for me, and I can't honestly see it taking years to sculpt some wooden molds, nor do I see it costing me $1,000 or more to make them out of scrap lumber etc.

There are no accurate plans with measurements, as the design doesn't exactly lend itself towards blueprints. If you want to sculpt your own and want it accurate, you'll have to do your own research I'm afraid.

we are quite experienced with the details of stormtrooper armor... and from that experience you are going to

learn first hand how difficult it is to make good looking armor for less than 1000.00

you can purchase armor for under 700.00 and you get the pleasure of building it yourself.

trust me!  we know what we're talking about here!

for example walt sells armor cast from an original suit for less than that!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392
  • Like 1

I have to side with Vern.

But, if you really want to sculp your armor, I guess start with clay. Then make yourself a buck made from plaster of Paris. Some makers have their bucks CNC made of aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...