Hovi tips controller and amp/ static

Yes, I personally use the Hovi Mic tips from these guys in two different buckets, seen in my Helmet Electronics thread. 

I purchased a voice modifier kit that came with the Hovi mics from this same company last year. The modifier was completely different from what you've posted John..

Bottom line I didn't like the modifier and ditched it and went with a ROM/FX instead, also referenced in my build. Love the mics, as mentioned I purchased a 2nd set and recommend them if people are interested.

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

I was planning on asking you if those were the same ones that you used, Tony. The name of the store seemed to be too much for coincidence, and the website doesn't work at the moment.

Thanks for jumping in to confirm this one. After reading through your electronics builds, and seeing your videos, anything that you endorse in that arena is good enough for me. There MAY be a Hovi Speaker upgrade in the future of my bucket!

• Like 1

I purchased a couple sets of these last week. Learned about them on your thread, Tony. I wasn't quite sure if they were the same ones, glad to have the confirmation. :jc_doublethumbup:

You're welcome sir. Hope they work out for you as they did for me.

FYI, if anyone is interested. I'm looking to produce Mic Tips with speakers. If all goes well in my testing I should have some ready to sell within the month.

Hytechtoys is selling theres for about $79 I've been told. Mine will be around $40-55 + shipping, depending on the configuration, this is for a set of 2.

The $40 set will consist of Hovi Mics, speaker with 6" 22awg wiring leads (bare ends). For the DIY 

The $55 set will consist of Hovi Mics, speaker with 6" 22awg wiring leads connected to a 3' long 3.5mm connector you can plug directly into your amplifier of choice.  

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 2

FYI, if anyone is interested. I'm looking to produce Mic Tips with speakers. If all goes well in my testing I should have some ready to sell within the month.

Hytechtoys is selling theres for about $79 I've been told. Mine will be around $40-55 + shipping, depending on the configuration, this is for a set of 2.

The $40 set will consist of Hovi Mics, speaker with 6" 22awg wiring leads (bare ends). For the DYI 

The $55 set will consist of Hovi Mics, speaker with 6" 22awg wiring leads connected to a 3' long 3.5mm connector you can plug directly into your amplifier of choice.  

Hey Tony, that sounds great. I just bought a couple sets from Hytechtoys, and at $80 a piece that hurt. I will be needing another set here before too long so I'll keep watching. :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Hey Tony, that sounds great. I just bought a couple sets from Hytechtoys, and at $80 a piece that hurt. I will be needing another set here before too long so I'll keep watching. :jc_doublethumbup:

Hey Jc I know, that's the reason I'm building my own and for the FISD/501st members. $80 is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Tony, do you run your Rom/FX through an amp to your Hovis, or is yours direct off of the board's amp?

The ROM/FX is a voice modifier/amp. My Hovis are straight off my ROM/FX.

• Like 1

Okay, that's what I'd been presuming, but since you do electronics modification, I wanted to be sure. ;). Thanks.

You're welcome Tim, glad I can help.  :D  :duim:

Edited by ukswrath

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...