the ab cut mod

jaida

ok so its been a while since ive made a post, but, i have come to the decision to finally cut my ab plate soi can sit down. ive read the other post about cutting it but im afraid of one thing, if where im cutting is behing the belt, when it is seperated isnt it just going to not move because the belt is going to keep it from coming forward to sit?

here's some pics of the system that I use. The butt plate is attatched using a velcro pad that I made with non adhesive velcro and foamie. The foamie keeps it rigid, but alows for it to move when it needs to. I drove to a party last night in full armor minus the bucket. I had to stop for gas and couldn't get out quick enough, due to a inopertune photo op. Damned camera phones. I was a good sport though.

nnqThIA.jpg

My cod Velcros to a 2" elastic strap, which attaches to the but plate. Cod drops down, and butt plate folds up for easy access.

h36AAmH.jpg

2N7AE4n.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2020

You can also loosen your belt a bit too to sit down to give you more room.

Most people suspend the cod from the ab plate, but I think TK4205's solution is more...flexible :)