Screen accurate VS function?

I've been reading around this forum a bit and have come across a divide between preferring to keep it as close to the movie props as possible, to achieving a more functional and lets call it fictional true look.

I myself is torn between these two for my helmet. On one hand I want it to be like a replica of the actual prop but on the other hand I also want to optimize it for wearing as well as making it look as good on the inside as on the outside.

Of course it's all down to personal preference but as I am having trouble to choose, could followers of both camps provide your arguments to help me?

(I searched but could not find a thread about this even though there are plenty of comments on the subject in other threads. If there already exist a thread, please guide me to it)

Wow my search skills must suck, almost exact same title :P

Anyway thanks a bunch!

The topic comes up frequently. I was lucky enough to post mine at a time when there weren't many others around so it really took off.

You will find the same recurring themes there. Screen accurate, set accurate, "reality" accurate and a mix of all of the above.

Why not both? Have one helmet that's your best prop replication, and the second is for you to have fun with.