ANH stunt helmet ear bumps

Lodril

In re the black stripe on the ear pieces... the CRL mentions that only one bump should be painted with the black stripe.  Is it always the back bump, or could it be any of the four?

I'm helping a couple of friends of mine, and it might be nice to distinguish the helmets somehow, if it's not at the cost of gross inaccuracy.  We're not really trying for the 3rd tier full-donkey thing... 80-90% donkey is fine, but I can't find any clear references in a simple search and I figure someone here knows the answer without me having to slo-mo the movie scenes. :)

Of the 4 bumps on the stunt helmet, it should be one of the two rear ones. The story I like is that they are rank bars. Depending on which bump is marked that tells your rank just by looking at it. If it was different one both sides, telling your rank would get very confusing

Some stunt helmets had the last bump painted on one side, and the second to last one on the other side. But there was never a helmet in ANH with any other than the last or second to last bump painted, and only one bump painted on either side.