SEANTX AM 2.0 Stunt

Thanks guys. I just read a lot of eib and centurion comments that say try to raise or lower the belt. And making a new hole and moving the snap sound like a real pain in the butt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

So major progess last weekend. Had my mom help with some sewing and got the straps for the torso completed.

20150808_230604_zpsdugkbrej.jpg

20150811_150421_zpsrcxrx1sn.jpg

Did some fit tests on my brother to determine his chest placement.

20150810_070325_zpsbvwirdxc.jpg

The split rivets need to be painted still. Hammering those in was easier than expected. I bought a second set incase I messed up a few but didn't need them. The nylon straps sag a little. They may need glue. I consider that gap to be minimal. Bt it is not geting any smaller.

20150810_070335_zpswbt2pgr8.jpg

The bottom opens up on this side. I made a second elastic band for the bottom but I'll see what happens with the belt later.

20150811_150432_zpsf39nu233.jpg

I got some sweet handguards from Sonnenschein. It feels good to have a piece 100% completed.

20150812_125626_zpsdic07kmj.jpg

So working on the belt. I know not to use the belt with the recessed squares, thanks to ukswrath. But the rivet covers for the other belt are so tiny an pop way out. It seems like most of the other kit manufacturers have bigger buttons that aren't on a raised box. Can I just use these sand trooper ab buttons to make covers or is the circle part to big? I can't find documentation to the measurments of the circle square or hieght from the belt.

Edited by SeanTX

No, but I'll take a pic tomorrow. It wasn't much of a gap, but, I was getting frustrated, so, I heated up the inside and pushed it out. Seemed to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the answer is. .... drum roll...... 1 1/4" between the ammo box. So if i used the big circle which seems about an inch across the square will have to be tight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

I used the big circles on a stick, and cut the squares out so they just baaaaarely were bigger than the circles.  They're raised enough that if the front "good side" of the rivets is on the front of the belt, you can position them pretty much anywhere under the circle and it'll be fine.  That way you can move the covers out to almost the edge of your belt.

You can see the size of my rivet covers on the first post here...

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31848-kredals-anh-hero-build-am2/page-7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really close. I just need a few tiny bits on my helmet. Maybe djust the arms up a little. I need to glue the stap on my thighs. The hooks are drying on my shins as I type so once those are dry I can drill the holes. The belt is still not made but once I'm 100% comfortable with where the snap holes will be it will go together fast. I really just need to paint my boots and start assembling my spare blaster.

Painted on the tube stripes the usual pencil distance away. I was kinda dissapointed with the other trooperbay stencils. They make a point to ask what helmet they are for but I don't think they have one for the AM 2. Cause they were to big. So they didn't help at all getting the full shape of the grey and black. I don't know what you are supposed to do with the stencil for the solid grey temple piece. Anyways I found if I just dragged a mechanical pencil through the crease the pencil would naturally find the low point. and made a very nice line for me to paint up to. And after the paint dried the lead came up with alchohol and didn't mess up the enamel paint which had to be cleaned with mineral spirits.

20150902_235521_zpsorqqhgln.jpg

20150902_235531_zpswdcgrofj.jpg

Once painted I went to tackling the brow trim peoples eyebrow. Yes I know it isn't that important, they were all different, yadda yadda. But If my helmet and my brother have the same silly face we will just look silly standing next to each other. So my first thought was to slowly take away material from the low side with the dremel. But after drawing the straight line I decided that would take off to much and the temple would look funny small. So  lowered the high side about a 1/4" and glued it on the inside of the helmet to hold it in place and I think it looks perfect. Should have thought of that first.

20150905_123555_zpstc9fs6fj.jpg20150905_123602_zps96zbwxlk.jpg

20150905_123609_zpsgszjqk2q.jpg

20150905_125515_zpsbwmbnkdw.jpg

On the inside. I painted my dowels for the thumb tacks to hold the lense on. And used zip ties to cover the edges of the mouth screen.

20150904_004736_zpszjmzmqpv.jpg

Some initial fit test pictures. I'll take a full set soon when both sets are ready.

My Brothers. His butt doesn't pop out like mine. (Don't know what that means) Ive seen some people have a strap that pulls it forward so I'm just waiting before I add anything. On the snap side it opens at the bottom I believe that is to be expected and my go away once we put belts on.

20150902_214410_zps49dxsprq.jpg

20150902_214348_zpsirfjc6mr.jpg

My first full fit test. Of course the most awkward part (shins) aren't visible for input but the rest seems to fit well. I think I will raise the shoulder to bicep connection to raise the arms 1/2 to 1" since the bottom of the bicep is in the crotch of my elbow until I bend my arm. And the shoulder bell elastics are a little to loose. But I'll play a bit more before adjusting. Oh and boots are still black.

20150906_130134_zpsjs6krb32.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Submission photo time

Front-Arms at side

DSC02432_zpsqzjxb8vf.jpg

Back - Arms at side

DSC02421_zpsbcsms4qd.jpg

(This one makes it pretty clear I need to raise my shins somehow.)

Left - Arm raised

DSC02423_zpsvarishi4.jpg

Right - Arm raised

DSC02428_zpstlk6nvul.jpg

Right Side Detail - Arm raised

DSC02426_zpsrwuobgly.jpg

Left Side Detail - Arm raised

DSC02425_zps2jonnoi8.jpg

Armor Details.

Ab/Kidney Attachment - Button Orientation

8a1413aa-88f8-4597-b81f-783950d00d03_zps

a4ba1d3d-1deb-4b1b-b9df-25598d6955f5_zps

Butt/Kidney - Fixed: No

DSC09433_zpsrsyegjbt.jpg

Hand Plates

DSC09432_zpse9zc7qxn.jpg

I have the chemical ones but just not at this moment

Shoulder Bridge Back

DSC09431_zpspxqkqxrd.jpg

I have thin elastic too just not with me for the pictures.

Shoulder Bridge Front

DSC09429_zpsnwlrhaap.jpg

Back/Chest Connection

DSC09430_zpsgfrkacwk.jpg

So general questions on fit and wear. 

1. My belt doesn't like to stay snapped. The right side that the snap is under the ammo box so it has no constant pressure on it like the left side. And once it is off it is a bear getting my finger between the fabric and plastic parts of the belt to shove it back on.

2. My shins are clearly too low. how can i motivate them to ride higher without popping over my boots? Also with the shins the elastic hooks don't pull enough to keep them completely closed. I've already tightened the elastic once. I think I can gently put them to the heat gun to alter their natural position. But that scares me.

So general questions on fit and wear. 

1. My belt doesn't like to stay snapped. The right side that the snap is under the ammo box so it has no constant pressure on it like the left side. And once it is off it is a bear getting my finger between the fabric and plastic parts of the belt to shove it back on.

2. My shins are clearly too low. how can i motivate them to ride higher without popping over my boots? Also with the shins the elastic hooks don't pull enough to keep them completely closed. I've already tightened the elastic once. I think I can gently put them to the heat gun to alter their natural position. But that scares me.

1. I have the same problem, I just run the belt tighter.

2. How tall are you Sean?

Other - I encourage you to raise your thigh ammo belt to eliminate the gap. Though there are actual screen shots with the belt riding lower like yours is a cleaner look with no gap IMHO.