AM Shin Issues

First of all, let me state the facts:

1) I've read and understood the threads concerning the shin curvature and identifying the different AM pieces.

2) I can identify four distinct armor pieces, so I know I do not have duplicates (2 rights or 2 lefts, for instance).

3) I am moderately skillful with a Dremel and building other forms of armor (but this is my first TK).

Having said that, I'm somewhat concerned about the shape of the calves in general, and wanted to see if others see the same thing.  I've trimmed away the return edge on the bottoms and the fronts of the shins to the 10/20mm specs, and taped them together.

What I'm noticing is that they're not symmetrical.  The left inside is considerably higher than the right (about an inch):

calves_zpsqfphgjaq.jpg

I know the left calf in the pic appears to lean a bit but the height difference is still quite noticeable.

Also, although I'm not quite as concerned, the bottom front do not match up either.  I can always Dremel the edges to match:

calves2_zpsyhc6u63c.jpg

And finally, going back to the tops of the calves, both finished tops appear to 'slant' the same direction.   What I mean is, the inside right and the outside left seem to lower than their counterparts:

calves3_zpsfdvaorye.jpg

I understand that the original TK armor is not symmetrical by a long shot, but I wanted to get verification on the AM pieces.   Is this normal?   Has anyone else seen this?  Am I still okay to continue with the build?

I hope this is what you're looking for, a couple more pics:

calves5_zps1wzkhobq.jpg

calves7_zpscfuv107t.jpg

Here's a shot of the tops of the pieces.

calves6_zpslf1rqzsx.jpg

I read in another thread that you can identify the four separate pieces by the the different angles on the top, and I am able to verify that I four separate pieces:

calves8_zpshyrs63rn.png

And another shot of the weird angling of the top of the pieces:

calves9_zpsadqjxxq2.jpg

If this is correct, and they're meant to be this asymmetrical, then so be it.  I just wanted to make sure before I commit the glue.   :)

I think they look good. I finished the AM build in October. I had to trim quite a bit off of the back of each shin. I also fixed the weird angles after they were all glued together by trimming off some of the return edge. There is plenty there to cut them evenly. Knee plate is going to cover the top of one anyway.

I'm new to this, but looking at your pics it seems they'd match better to each other if you paired them up differently.
your current two outer leg parts seem to come down as far as each other at the foot and match each other for thickness at the top...
maybe they're supposed to be like that, but that's how it looks to me.

There is no such thing as a symmetrical set of shins. No matter what armor maker you have, also, take the fact that the parts align as well as they do as a gift.

If you are certain that you gave the correct parts matched together, worry about marrying those parts together correctly and less about how they look prior to assembly.