Quick question(s) about torso strapping

I'm starting the torso portion of my build and simply wondering- what are people's preferred method of attaching the straps? snap plates? Directly gluing to the inside of the armor? Do you use nylon strapping or elastic bands? If both, where should each be used?

Last, if I were to glue the straps directly to the armor, what glue should be used? I've used ABS cement for my entire build but I assume something like a two-part epoxy would be better for attaching straps to ABS. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

As always, thanks for any input!

You will see some great examples on any of the EIB submission or Cent posts.  I used snap plates I got from a member here, but some just use a small piece of ABS with the snap punched through, both types directly glued with E6000 to the armor.  I used mostly elastic, but I have nylon connecting my kidney to the ab piece to stop it from shifting up and down.  

Edited by Tusken RTT

E-6000 is the glue of choice for many. I did E6000 with Nylon backed snaps onto the armor. Scour some build threads and the EIB/Centurion threads as Tusken mentioned for some great eamples.

what are people's preferred method of attaching the straps? snap plates? 

Metal brackets and snap plates are the most common.

Directly gluing to the inside of the armor? 

You can. It's more of a ROTJ style but nothing prevents it for an ANH armor.

Do you use nylon strapping or elastic bands?

There should be no nylon straps at all. Elastics all the way.

Last, if I were to glue the straps directly to the armor, what glue should be used?

There's not one correct answer to that but e6000 will work perfectly.