This is my E-11 Blaster Build

Artshot

Onwards & Upwards.

In those moments when I wanted to test the aerodynamics of my build, I decided to switch to working on the folding stock, whilst it will never fold, I wanted to give the impression that it could.

With my trusty Sterling beside me I started to carve into the resin and give the impression it's made of folded steel, it took a lot of work, but it was made easier by my homemade mini chisels, basically I bought a cheap set of micro screwdrivers and ground there tips to an edge, try it, they make working in tight resin spaces so much easier.

I have also ground out the resin stock support as I am going to replace it with a wooden dowel, I know it's a lot of work on an area that will be mostly covered, but I would know I could have done better if I didnt.

ibUxiCN.jpg

mf9PItM.jpg

kxuKMNs.jpg

Oh, and to show that I can actually finish something, may I present my end cap.

JwSxqBl.jpg

Hey Art, pretty nice progress :duim:

On 3/4/2015 at 7:26 AM, Artshot said:

\

Just wondered about the shape and size of your re-done ejection port. Compared to the original it somehow looks a bit off. Not sure on that, could just be the angle of the picture.

However, you got the real thing next to you, so you can measure to double check...

On 3/28/2015 at 3:50 AM, Artshot said:
(...)

\

Thanks for showing this comparison picture (meaning this honestly).

Will definitely need to find a thicker ring to be added into future completion sets...  What is that steel ring's diameter? 4mm?

Hey Tino

Yup, your right about the ejection port, mine is too wide, I really regret dremelling out the resin port, sorting it out is turning into a mammoth task of measuring, filling and filing, at this point I just want it finished :(

Although I may just fill in the port completely and give it one more try.....for luck :)

I will get the ring dimensions to you when I get in, if your updating your completion sets, the end hasp is a diffrent size on the doopy kit, so are the guards, or whatever they are called, going to fashion new ones from 1.5 mm plasticard as soon as I figure out a pattern.

• 5 weeks later...

Back again with the next instalment of my Doopy build, or as I am calling it "fixing my stupid mistake"

So, after realising I had messed up by dremeling out the ejection port to make a sliding bolt, I decided to fix it, I glued a curved piece of plastic into place and tried to carve a new port from filler, however after misjudging the size and it starting to get bigger than it should be, I just filled the entire area.

With the aid of my Deac Sterling I made a template and transferred the size onto the Doopy and re-carved the ejection port, got to say, so far this bit of work has taken nearly as much time to do than my actual build, anyway, here's a photo.

FLstHHH.jpg

Since I decided to make a new interior to the port I cut the side out of a small plastic bottle (using the previous template to get the size) and fashioned the inset out of a piece of plasticard, this I stuck to the underside, ofcourse this meant I needed to cut a new hole for the inset to fit into.

r6EfLDF.jpg

I used a piece of plastic from an old model kit to form the interior.

So, after gluing it in place all I need to do is fill a couple of areas and use a small file to create the illusion of it being a separate piece and add the thin raised band, which I will do after I fashion the other end of the bolt, then I can eventually move on.....sheesh.

IcMlCt0.jpg