Best Detail paint for DD E-11 builds

Scarlisian

I'm a total newbie and am working on my first doopy doos blaster build. I'm  just about done, and just need to do the final detail painting. I've discovered that Testors paint is not that good, can anyone recommend a good paint to use to paint screws, bolts, etc?

I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

post-21804-0-43183000-1419653188_thumb.jpg

For real metal hardware, the absolute best I can recommend is KG Gunkote.

It's a baked on coating and it's much tougher than paint.

The downside is it requires sandblasting for prep, airbrush application and an oven for baking.

Obviously, this product WON'T work for resin parts due to the baking...

I think there's another product called Durakote which is similar and can be found in aerosol spray cans (check Brownell's).

For regular aerosol spray paint, I prefer Krylon - I've always had good results with it.

I think most spray paints are similar, the preference comes down to how it's applied.

Testors as with most model paints, is not designed for durability or over handling. But if you are just looking to add color to certain areas for weathering and detail capture, any model paint will work for this because it won't see much handling in these areas.