Importance of style choice?

I'm just getting started and looking at different makers to decide which one I want to go with, and I'm wondering just what exactly the importance of movie style is and what would be a driving factor in the decision? Are there squads or trooping events that would require being ANH or ROTJ, or is it merely a matter of personal preference? 

The overwhelming favourite for trooping is ANH. Many people just prefer the aesthetics of it over ROTJ. It may or may not have to do with TKs getting pummelled by Ewoks in ROTJ. The other factor is that most armour is made to look like ANH/ESB. There is only one credible maker of ROTJ kits that I know of and that's CFO, vs numerous makers of ANH. Ultimately, you have to ask yourself which you prefer. The ROTJ would certainly make you stand out more....

A lot of it is personal preference. Like Andy said, ANH seems to be the top favorite. I know it's mine cause that's what started it all. If you haven't done so yet, check out the advanced tactics for members complete builds.

Good luck in your choice...

I can't recall ever being asked to be either ANH or ESB (I have both). I do however try to match everyone else, e.g. if there is an ESB Vader and a Fett it's fun to do an ESB TK. If there are sandpeople and an ANH Vader it's nice to do the ANH. Why not have both? Much more fun...

I can't recall ever being asked to be either ANH or ESB (I have both). I do however try to match everyone else, e.g. if there is an ESB Vader and a Fett it's fun to do an ESB TK. If there are sandpeople and an ANH Vader it's nice to do the ANH. Why not have both? Much more fun...

And not alot of work.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk