My ESB TK build.

After much anticipation and saving my BIg Brown Box arrived last week. Now comes the fun part The Build!!

IMG_5716_zps408c5d15.jpg1e1022cd-cc2b-44a1-8918-4c0b1ffed01e_zps

IMG_5720_zps3124a587.jpgIMG_5726_zps79e2cb93.jpgNeuro Approves..

IMG_5725_zpsfdbd907a.jpgThe first bit of paint is on.

Now that I see all of the parts I'll admit it is a little overwelming but I will have a lot of help with the build from the guys in the Outlander Squad.

IMG_5783_zps48e86bb6.jpgIMG_5784_zpsba9a51b0.jpgIMG_5781_zpsb5ec8759.jpgIMG_5782_zpsd4c93244.jpg

Ā 

Ok I need some help!!! I am putting the bucket together and the brow seams to be too low. The only way I can see to raise it up is to cut the top ( dome ) piece. I dont want to do that because I think it will create more problems. Any advice is appreciated.

IMG_5783_zps48e86bb6.jpgIMG_5784_zpsba9a51b0.jpgIMG_5781_zpsb5ec8759.jpgIMG_5782_zpsd4c93244.jpg

Ā 

Ok I need some help!!! I am putting the bucket together and the brow seams to be too low. The only way I can see to raise it up is to cut the top ( dome ) piece. I dont want to do that because I think it will create more problems. Any advice is appreciated.

That's what I did, cut the dome. I made a line at about 3/16" and cut on the line.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tolo

IMG_5791_zps19ced158.jpgIMG_5792_zpsbf7887d3.jpgIMG_5793_zps76fdcad3.jpgIMG_5794_zps9c5b8e15.jpg

Ā 

After much shaking hands, I went ahead and cut it. Please let me know if this is acceptable, or should I cut more off. I am looking at geting EIB approved.

Looking much better now. :duim:

Ā 

The brow seems to have a little 'curve' on the picture above. That looks different on the other side. You can reduce this by cutting, filing or sanding a bit from the plastic under the trap.

Ā 

Ears could be trimmed to appear a bit thinner and with smaller gaps to the helmet.

IMG_5821_zpsca7e6c61.jpgIMG_5820_zpse1462914.jpg

Ā 

The arm pieces fully cut and assembled. I still need to trim the outside coverstrips but I am not sure how much to get rid of? Should I trim it flush with the rest or leave a little to hide the edge seam?

IMG_5819_zpsffb9f636.jpgIMG_5818_zps4342965d.jpgIMG_5817_zps77ee883c.jpgIMG_5816_zps12f5877e.jpg

Ā 

A close up of the bicep pieces. These were the first pieces I decided to cut. Nerve racking to know if i made a bad cut..... They turned out nice though.

IMG_5815_zps2954406e.jpgIMG_5814_zpsb61512df.jpgIMG_5813_zpsbb08eee2.jpgIMG_5812_zps16196376.jpg

Ā 

The forearm peice were easier to do with the experience from the biceps. Hopefully i will be able to get them all strapped together soon. Then to move on to the lower assemblies.

Edited by Veeds

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

top_zpsmrnh9vlr.jpg

Ā 

I have made some progress in the past few weeks. I have the upper body complete. All I need to do is sand down the edges so I'm not getting cut up like cheese every time i put it on. I have the thighs and lower legs also done. I had a minor event with the ab plate, I had mounted the belt too low and had to drill out the rivets and then patch the holes but it turned out way better then I hoped for. Hopefully i will still make EIB.

As it sometimes happens I have to take a couple steps back... I tried a rough fitting of the upper assembly and the ab-back assembly and my torso is too long. The two sections do not have any overlap in the front.I will have to figure out a new strapping system and make some modifications. I don't know if I will be able to earn EIB status after I make it wearable.

ab_zpsmm9giyjf.png

Here is the ab-back plate assembly, I had to do some modifying in order to get the gap to where it needs to be. I'll be installing the belt this weekend and doing some final adjusting. Then the big moment, taking the approval pictures. I'm still going for EIB, Fingers crossed.

Ā