FX Armor (thighs)

Well, I got my armor and have started putting it together, not as scary as I though it would be. I'm following the advice on the forum and doing the armor, before helmet. One question in putting together the thighs. How tight/loose are the thighs supposed to be? When the thighs are together and I put it on, unless I secure it, it would drop down to my foot. How much room should I leave between the armor shell & my leg ? Should it stay up without and velcro or support ?

I think pretty much everyone needs padding or strapping to keep them up. Mine are too small and need shimmed to wrap around my leg yet i still need straps to keep them from sliding down. Straps work great! Some guys attach the straps to the ab/cod piece and some use a regular belt under their armor with the straps attached to the belt in a garter belt type setup.

I would make your thighs as tight as needed. And by that i mean loose thighs look a bit crap but do them too tight and you wont be able to walk, run or sit down or go up stairs.

With the fx i would try to tapper them in at the knee so they look less like bermuda shorts and dont knock at your knees. I have mine fairly tight i could maybe get a finger inside but how high? Remember they will rise when you walk, mine at a standstill look fairly low but they touch my ab plate when im in full stride.

I would measure, tape them up and try, then adjust again til your happy lots of times before glueing. If are intending on using velcro for all closure you will have a lot more room to play.

Anyway i hope this was of some help for you if you need to know anything else just shoot :duim:

Mark has it down! The current FX thighs are massive in diameter and should be trimmed to contour to your legs. Not tapering the bottoms seems to be the #1 mistake people make when trimming them. Removing a bit at a time is certainly the way to go.

For holding them up, the old advice used to be to strap them to your ab plate. Lately having a garter belt seems like what everyone is doing. Some people like velcro, but I prefer snaps myself.