Return edges on kidneys, chest etc

You can reduce them, I reduced mine, but I don't think you need to remove them, they also help to keep the pieces aligned and stop possible overlapping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return edges really have nothing to do with wearability or approval. You are going to have a bit of return edge on almost every part for the exception of the wrist side of the forearms, the foot side of the shins and the chest side of the shoulder bells.

The return edges were designed as a way to make the thin plastic armor parts look really thick. But they also provided a platform (on the torso parts) for the metal brackets that, when connected with loops of elastic, held the torso together. You can see the brackets and screws here:post-12041-0-18824400-1415892075_thumb.jpg

Using the metal brackets as the means of joining your torso parts is not a requirement.

Find a happy medium with how much you leave. 1/4-3/8 inch is a good start. You don't want too much or it will start knifing into your body.

Return edges really have nothing to do with wearability or approval. You are going to have a bit of return edge on almost every part for the exception of the wrist side of the forearms, the foot side of the shins and the chest side of the shoulder bells.

The return edges were designed as a way to make the thin plastic armor parts look really thick. But they also provided a platform (on the torso parts) for the metal brackets that, when connected with loops of elastic, held the torso together. You can see the brackets and screws here:attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Using the metal brackets as the means of joining your torso parts is not a requirement.

Find a happy medium with how much you leave. 1/4-3/8 inch is a good start. You don't want too much or it will start knifing into your body.

Much appreciated Steve, some very clear points.

Going to reduce them from approx 10mm to 5 mm to give the look of thicker armour still.