ATA Outer Shin Armor Length Question

Hi all! 

I've received feedback from my Garrison CO in my application pictures stating that I should trim my outer right shin armor at the bottom. Being ATA armor, it is asymmetrical so the left and right shin armor look different at the bottom. The left shin armor halves line up at the bottom with both pieces look like they are approximately the same length. The right shin armor is a different story. The outside bottom portion of the shin armor is longer than the inside bottom portion. I originally trimmed my armor based on where the return edges are. 

I was looking for more information on how much I should trim off of the bottom of the right outer shin armor. I've done research here before posting and could only find one post in which differing opinions are stated regarding my question with not much information: 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26128-thermal-detonator-shin-questions/?hl=%2Bata+%2Bright+%2Bshin#entry329454

Here are the pictures I took of my armor:

http://imgur.com/a/oyBsP

What I'm looking for is how much I should trim off of the bottom of my outer right shin armor based on my CO's feedback. I'm looking ahead to going for Centurion one day so I don't want to screw this up if I can help it. 

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Jamie

Aside from removing the return edge at the very bottom, I can't see why it is being made such a big deal. Trim the bottom return edge and 1/2 inch up and see if that makes him happy.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 11/6/2014 at 4:33 PM, gazmosis said:

Aside from removing the return edge at the very bottom, I can't see why it is being made such a big deal. Trim the bottom return edge and 1/2 inch up and see if that makes him happy.

Heck the length shouldn't even matter only the return edge. Sounds like the GML is misinformed. 

• Like 1