DVH Pipe Build with Extras

Really beautifull. It's something to be proud of. Somehow I like the light weathered you get on the piece, just on the scope... Sure i will be getting back to this thread once I start to build mine.<br>

Just a question... I see in one of your pictures you've used the inner barrel thing (I'm also waiting for one of those)... Once installed and painted is it noticeable through some of the barrel vent holes? Or just through the ejection port? At least it will add extra weight on the cannon area making the blaster heavier to the front, more like the real thing I guess. Anyway, you know it's there!<br>

Great job.

Thanks Curro. Appreciate the comments.

Yeah, half the things on this blaster are just because "I know it's there". Trooping with it, displaying on the shelf, you can't really see the inner barrel. However, looking through the lower left hand holes in the receiver (where the bayonet lug is), you can see it. I painted mine a matt aluminium colour just to make it a little more contrasting and visible. I'm guessing you've got one of Aaron's cast barrels coming? Great piece. I made mine out of curtain rod material 1) because it was cheap 2) you probably wouldn't see much of it, and 3) Aaron hadn't had the idea of making his yet  :)

• 1 month later...

Wow!

I have just joined the FISD and have been hankering for a blaster for ages - I have basic model building skills and thought if anywhere, here would be a good place to find out exactly what was needed. Just read through this entire build and I am kekking ma pants! I am totally psyched to get a blaster of my very own but unsure if my build skills will be up to it. Truly inspirational stuff and I hope you wont mind if I use a lot (nearly all of this) as reference. The detailing is UNREAL!!

Anyway just wanted to say what a pleasure it was reading this (and finding out that all you guys are really helpful - not quite so scared now . . . ) and I will have to post my build up once I get all the parts together!

Cheers again,

Alan

Wow!

I have just joined the FISD and have been hankering for a blaster for ages - I have basic model building skills and thought if anywhere, here would be a good place to find out exactly what was needed. Just read through this entire build and I am kekking ma pants! I am totally psyched to get a blaster of my very own but unsure if my build skills will be up to it. Truly inspirational stuff and I hope you wont mind if I use a lot (nearly all of this) as reference. The detailing is UNREAL!!

Anyway just wanted to say what a pleasure it was reading this (and finding out that all you guys are really helpful - not quite so scared now . . . ) and I will have to post my build up once I get all the parts together!

Cheers again,

Alan

Glad you could get something out my build Alan. That's half the reason we do this - to share and help others. Just remember, the great thing with these kits, that anything can be tried and almost any mistakes can be fix with a bit of glue or filler. Just have a go and have fun!

Ian's legend is lengendary.

LOL. famous/infamous. Legendary/inlegendary?

My legendary status is quickly diminishing with all these superb build happening these days.