Help with warped armor.

Hello everyone. I am a total noob here and this is my first post (woot).

I recently got an ANH Stunt ABS suit from SDS. It's awesome but a couple of items are slightly warped. The left shoulder primarily and the helmet. I know that there are different opinions about assymetry. Is what I have in really bad shape or can it be adjusted?

If it can be fixed, what is the best way? Heat gun?

Any tips would be great guys!

post-21948-0-31737400-1414971574_thumb.jpg

post-21948-0-70324200-1414971584_thumb.jpg

post-21948-0-69789300-1414971597_thumb.jpg

Truthfully, I wouldn't really worry about either one. The absolute last thing you want to do is bring a heat gun near your helmet. That is just too large of a correction to try to make. Plus it's on the underside of the helmet towards the back. As long as the front is in good shape troop on!

• Like 1

Or boiling water. You can reshape the pieces and it will harden as it cools, maintaining the new shape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jonathan, any idea on time in boiling water? Is that a quick in/out kind of thing like seconds in boiling water?

I am mainly worried about how the chest fits honestly. The front of the hemet is fine.

Thanks again!

On 11/3/2014 at 8:03 AM, Cantina Security said:

Yeah, Steve is right. Heat is really easy to over do if your not careful. I would like to see your SDS kit when you have it together.

Jason, this is the first pic (same in profile) after putting it on. I'm 5'6" so it needs some adjustments. Any thoughts on the fit wouold be much appreciated. I will post more pics later with more of the front pieces.

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Jonathan, any idea on time in boiling water? Is that a quick in/out kind of thing like seconds in boiling water?

I am mainly worried about how the chest fits honestly. The front of the hemet is fine.

Thanks again!

Definitely seconds. You can also get a feel for it by it sitting a bit over the steam from boiling water too. Obviously that would take a bit longer like 30 seconds to a minute. Use oven mitts or towels. It will get soft and easier to bend. Once you get the right shape, hold it in place while letting it cool down in front of a fan or something.

I would leave helmet alone unless it bugs you. If so, try taking it apart to do just back piece.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1