What to do in the meantime

Hey guys

I'm currently saving up for an AP armour set and will probably get it in about a month or so. I can't wait to get it and start building. What can I make/do/get in the meantime while saving up and waiting for my armour when I order it?

Cheers

Edited by Stevetheemu

Neck seal, canvas belt, gloves, boots, paint. Since you're getting an AP, get some Mic Tips from Sskunky or Keith and a s-trim from Trooperbay

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Start researching your build procedures. Decide how you are going trim your parts, what you will use as an adhesive, get clamps and magnets to keep things in place, oh and did I mention research? We can offer only so much advice. You are the one that will need to glue the parts together. You will need a holster as well. Hit up TK Bondservnt (Vern) or Darman (Bobby) for that. Both have great holsters and great customer service

• Like 1

Great info above- in addition, get your rivets, elastic (black and white), nylon strapping, TD clips, work on E-11, get upgraded lens for bucket, bucket pads n straps, voice amp, and then get more magnets and clamps!  About 3 tubes of E-6000.  Also some small white knit elastic for shoulder straps.  About 5 packs of snaps and whatever you want to back them on.   Will also need paint for helmet and ab buttons, S trim for bucket ,ind. velcro for shins.  Dont forget Novus 3 pk for cleaning and scratches!

Good luck and have fun!  Hit me up if you need I have learned so much already, many times from my own mistakes! 

Edited by Tusken RTT

LOL, the list goes on and on.  Since you you're getting your armor in a month,  I would suggest getting your supplies and tools first (mentioned in above posts).  It took me a couple of months to get the armor built so maybe order your belt and holster when you are planning on working on the belt (usually towards the end).  The gadgets and blaster you can save for last.

What I recommend is looking for deals in the craft stores like Jo-Ann's or Michaels when getting your elastics, e-6000 and or scissors etc, they almost always have 40-50% off coupons.  Harbor Freight has pretty cheap clamps and tools.

What should have been my first suggestion is find builds based on your armor and follow them so you can have it saved, study what you will need to do in order to reach IEB status and Centurion, lots of research.

Lastly, if you have any loved ones, talk to them about this little project.  I've been grounded from my build by my wife and kids for spending more time on it than with them :laugh1: 

At least 50 snaps, 2 E6000 tubes, 1" black elastic (at least 10' long), 2" elastic white (1' long), 2" black elastic (3' long), nylon straps (at least 10' long). Sandpaper (rough and fine), industrial Velcro white. Green visor, S trim, paint.