Too Much Weathering on my E11?

JoeFadden

Hey, my apologies if this has been discussed before, I did a search and couldn't find anything. I recently got a replica resin blaster and the all black, pristine finish was boring me. So I decided to add some weathering. when I was satisfied with my work, i put it down to dry. I came back a few hours later to check it out and realized I added A LOT of weathering. More than I had intended. I guess I got carried away :(

That brings me to my point. I like the way it looks, like a REALLY beat up blaster, but will too much weathering be a problem? If so, do you have any recommendations on undoing some of it?

I attached a photo- my apologies for the crappy cell phone picture. it's all i've got  :mellow:

post-21522-0-71064800-1411719702_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much for any input!!

Edited by JoeFadden

I think there is no tu much or to less weathering.

Your blaster looks like it hat been used in a lot of fights for a long time.

If this is the look you like it is OK i think.

For me it is to much.

I know how you feel. When I was weathering my blaster I had to stop myself so I would not over do it. When you get started and it is going well you just don't want to stop :P

But I agree with haui. It is all about what you prefer. And since you are happy with it, then it is good :duim:

Hey Joe, where you going without that gun in your hand? ;)

As Haui and Tomas have pointed out, the weathering is a personal choice. I think your E-11 looks quite fine, the only comment I'd add is that if anything, I might lighten up the T-tracks a bit! because they weren't metal! and therefore probably wouldn't show the same type or degree of weathering as the metallic parts.

That is just an observation by me though. As stated earlier, I think it looks good, and at the end of the day, if you're happy with it, then there is nothing else to discuss. Nice work! ;)

Edited by Dark CMF
  • Like 1

Thanks for the input guys! I think I'll probably go back with some matte black paint and lighten up a few spots, especially the t-tracks... I'm a bit of a noob and had no idea they weren't metal.

Thanks again, I knew I'd get great feedback from you guys :)

Edited by JoeFadden

You could also possibly think about your armor. Are you a battle hardened trooper with beat up armor and a beat up weapon, or are you fresh out of the academy with shiny white armor and a newly issued blaster?

Hey Joe, where you going without that gun in your hand? ;)

)

Nice!!!

Anyway, some good advice here! Especially on the t-tracks. With weathering, usually a less is more approach is taken. For the areas of paint scratching, I have always used the gun itself as a guide. Just lay the gun down on all sides and see where it would repeatedly touch (front sight tops, magazine end, muzzle front, butt cap end, vent and ejection port shields, cocking handle) just name a few. The real critic is you, though. If your weathering makes your heart skip a beat and makes you say, "cool", then leave it