DD E11 build

bearings

I figured I'd try a video out this time, since it seems to be the thing to do for the E11 sound things :)

I'm still using the same Adafruit sound board, but I added the LiPo backpack and a small 0.5w speaker. The battery I'm using is a 500mAh Lithium Ion Polymer battery.

As a fun bonus, I also tried out these surface transducers: 5w version and the 3w version. Those probably don't make sense for the blaster, but I'm considering them for voice amplification on my armor. Has anybody used those before?

If you want to just hear the sounds without me talking, here's a second one just trying the different speakers out.

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress here, got my sound situation under control and started attaching parts! Will make the scope rail this weekend, hopefully will have a smaller battery pack by then also. I need to finish this one up before my DDay kit arrives!

16304220330_9a90702f83.jpg

15869133614_f606dee068.jpg

• Like 1

Very cool. Thanks for posting the video. What kind of trigger set up are you using? It's hard to see in the video.

Awesome progress and it really helps show the size of the adafruit sound module installed in a doopy blaster.

Here's a video of the trigger setup:

It's kind of bulky, but it works!

Thanks Ben for posting the video. Very helpful. Not bulky at all. Looks sturdy and does the trick. I'm going to look for a similar switch based on your setup. Many thanks!

Continuing to follow.  :D

Looking great, Ben.

I love the idea of the transducer for the voice as well,  Are there even smaller ones than the 3 watt?  If so, they could conceivably be used with the hovis.  

Continuing to follow.   :D

Looking great, Ben.

I love the idea of the transducer for the voice as well,  Are there even smaller ones than the 3 watt?  If so, they could conceivably be used with the hovis.  

I haven't seen any smaller than that, but might even be able to just place them inside the helmet and they'd be hidden anyway. I have some parts on the way for a voice changer + amp, I'll play around with it soon and post the results!

Meanwhile, I cut and bent some aluminum as best I could for the scope rail and counter bracket:

16544865365_42c64d1ec8.jpg

• Like 1