Complete novice builds not bad Doopys E-11

Scotty71

First thing to get the glue treatment would be the handle. I'd decided on pins and glue for this. Using a couple of suitable nails as pins I Dremelled off the heads, let them cool then drilled two holes into the handle. Tested the pins were nice and snug then using the paper template idea from another build thread made the pencil marks on the barrel where hopefully all would line up. Tense time this but confidence was building. Once all was drilled the moment of truth came. Slot it together and make sure all was kosher. Ta-daaaaaaaaa! Top banana. All lined up very well indeed. I Dremelled the trigger and the trigger guard and had several test fits until I got it to fit right. I drilled a hole in the selector switch and put a pin in that. A pin also went into the plastic part which sits on top of the magazine housing. This was going to be one rock secure build. A million test fits later I just had to glue. No idea how much to use so I slapped it on both parts to be glued and just went for it. The I wrapped it in rubber bands to secure everything while the glue set. And here's what it looked like.

9SR0gXk.jpg

24 hours later I returned to my creation. It was still there. No combustion again. The only slight thing of note was that the folding stock catch had moved ever so slightly so when you looked down the barrel is was slightly off centre. Insignificant I thought. No one will notice. I removed the bands and held it in my hands. It held firm. I must've done something right. I had the basis of a blaster in my hands for the first time.

Next bit of glue work would be the power cylinders, magazine and folding stock. The tiny nuts and bolts in the end of the power cylinders was a mod I liked the idea of. I'd found suitable ones in my local DIY store for just 30p each and whilst there sourced some wires to run from the cylinders to the counter. The green and yellow earth wire was perfect and at just 40p a metre was a bargain. Milliputt for £5 while I was there too and a fairly large off cut of clear acylllic sheet for 20p would be fine for my counter mod and scope sights. Bloody good store that.

Now if I lined up the cylinders on the magazine housing off the barrel when it is offered up to the barrel the cylinders don't run parallel to the barrel. This is personal preference but I wanted them to run parallel to the barrel. So I offered everything up to the barrel and just used my eye to get them running parallel and marked the magazine housing with a pencil. Again pins would be used and the template method once more. I decided two pins would do it in opposite corners. Great plan. Just make sure you get the template the right way up or your holes in each piece will be in different corners!!!!!!!!!!!! Again not a problem as the cylinders sit on top of this screw up so it wouldn't be seen.

Very careful drilling with the Dremmel is required for your bolts but I think you'll see that this easy mod is worth it.

J6mNWga.jpg

And in the rear of the power cylinders holes are drilled to accept the wires. Once the green and yellow sleeve is stripped back just a little the wire core goes in just perfectly.

kgf2Szt.jpg

It was time to bring these parts all together. Pins again and template for the mag housing to the barrel, internal barrel in place now as the folding stock screws and the mag pins will all go into it. Glue down the folding stock even though there wasn't a lot of contact between stock and barrel. The two screws to the front of the stock went into place and the side screws were also glued too for extra robustness. It then got the full elastic band treatment. It was then that one elastic band gave it's life for the Empire.

TXRElMh.jpg

Duty done. RIP dear band knowing you have played your part. When I'd finished wrapping it all up it looked like this.

YnrBwrw.jpg

Again I sat back and admired it. Despite a few minor hiccups it really was coming together nicely.

A good lesson there for anyone considering a build there. Don't worry about the odd screw up. Providing you don't put the scope the wrong way around little screw ups are fine. Lol

Edited by Scotty71