Manzilla's ESB AM 2.0 Armor Build

Hey all. I thought I would go ahead and throw my hat into the ring for my AM 2.0 ESB build. I had already finished my Doopy Doo kit and after watching intently all of the new AM armor builds on this site, and getting great tips and info, I was motivated to start mine. FYI, I was one of the people that received the two left shins, but Mighty Tank, being the upstanding citizen that he is, already took care of it, so I am ready to go.

I cut out the teeth, yes only 4 on each side, and got those all sanded down. It came out really nice, but you will have to take my word for it as I forgot to take picsĀ  :)

Next I cut the rubber brow trim to size and affixed all the decals except for the tube stripes (more about that later). I also drilled out all the dimpled holes.

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

Looking good, Bryan! Ā Glad to see you've started strong. Ā I'm almost to the point of taking the helmet screws out of the bag on my own build, you'll save me a few minutes for sure.

Thanks Mike. Your build has been an inspiration for me to get started. I am also grateful for all the good tips and what you have done so far. It will definitely help me on my own journey.

After I get the helmet together, I am going to use Mighty Tanks suggestion of using a screwdriver to get the ear piece on. Hopefully, that will work and I won't have to do any extra trimming. This is me crossing my fingers.

I will have to check with them to make sure the ESB decals fit the AM helmet. This is from the website.

"These ESB stickers are accurate in shape and color. They will only fit ANH style helmets, specifically ATA, TE, TE2, AP, GF, SDS, VT, CAP, GINO, Oakley types. These will NOT fit FX, TM MRCE or KWĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s ANH series."

I went ahead and started to put the helmet together. Here are some pics:

IMG_0943.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

Ā 

The left ear was a bear! I tried the method that Mighty Tank gave with the screwdriver and all that did was make me madĀ  :jc_doublethumbup:

It actually started to spread the hole out. I finally got it together (I Guess) and have to use a bit of bond and paint to fix the gap by the screw.

I am gluing down the part that is sticking up in the front on the bottom. One thing I noticed however, is the top part of the ear piece was warped a little. Not sure if it is really noticeable, but you all can let me know.

Edited by Manzilla

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so here is an update. I was having major issues with getting the hard hat liner to go into my helmet. I couldn't get the tabs to stay. So I went to my local Army surplus store (which was awesome by the way) and picked up some pads for my helmet. It was super simple to put in using velcro on the inside of the helmet and just placing the pads accordingly. It is very comfortable and fits well. Here is a pic:

IMG_1150.jpg

Next, I took my metal ruler and clamped it to the forearms, lining up the lines I had marked before hand. Notice I clamped the ruler upside down because of the cork board backing:

IMG_1141.jpg

Ā 

The next step was to score along the ruler with my knife:

IMG_1142.jpg

Ā 

Once I did this about three to four times, I bent the ABS over at the score line:

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg