Sly's First build E-11 doppy full resin

Sly11

I have been meaning to add this for some time, this is the first attempt so hoping the link works

OK Second attempt So just look down the page a little and you will see the build

Thanks

Edited by Sly11

Ok, thanks Ian, might have to recreate it here on FISD as I just copied the link straight of my post on the Redbacks Garrison.

Work has begun

I chose to use one of Gazmosis world famous Sterling magazines, he cast off an Original Sterling mag.

It is accurate compared to what comes in the Doopy kit (Doopy mag in foreground)

fmEJtRc.jpg

It does take a little modification to get the new mag to fit, but the end result was well worth it

gNPuLbs.jpg

Modifying for a more accurate look.

I drilled a couple of holse through first, then set to work with some micro files to take out the rest of the un needed material.

IkQteQO.jpg

2Qvfs54.jpg

Unfortunately i have lost some photos, from when I did this build originally, so as you can see a bit of progress had taken place.

The aluminum scope rail and hengsler bracket were made based on the How to guides here on FISD, Thanks to Billhag and his awesome diagrams

jsKFK6n.jpg

Seeing how it sits, looks ok to me.

7BWEQPQ.jpg

so I drilled out the ......interesting looking blobs and glued in some hex bolt heads, i cut the shaft off the back using my Dremel

H83oNHS.jpg

it was time to make a working trigger, rather that just gluing it in.

hardly an original idea as i took inspiration from both Gazmosis and DarkCMF and their build threads. Nice work by the way guys, both your builds are great.

nFePA6r.jpg

The process for this setup is better documented in other builds, mine is just a basic "see what you can do" thread

ao7MhDn.jpg

Drilled out the resin and placed Hex bolt in, the threaded part has been cut off using a Dremell.

xbFR1ij.jpg

A little more trimming required to make it fit better

ggMN69a.jpg

Power cylinders mod time, grind off the resin drill holes and put in the real stuff, then cut off bolt heads and your done.

IMG_0974.jpg

you can see by my notes on the paper, i was researching Armour at the time

IMG_0975.jpg

The diagram on the paper underneath the power cylinders, is a pinning template for the gun grip. I must give credit to DarkCMF for this, as if not for seeing it in his build, I'm not sure how the alignment would have gone, or even how I would have attempted it in the first place.

48u48xP.jpg

Time to start gluing some things together, I did pin everything, but again cant find the photos.

I used 2 part epoxy resin for my bonding agent

GzEBKYC.jpg

Primer time, before top coats go on

ucdklPO.jpg

Also some more work in preparing other parts for assembly, the pistol grp will be pinned, screwed and glued in place.