Mod existing or buy new.

I have a lead on an existing AM/FX set but am worried about refitting it to me. What may be involve in a refit? The kit is fitted for a smaller person (5'5") and I am 6'. The other option is to just buy a new kit possibly AP or one of the new AM kits. I am waiting on pricing back on others. This is my first set so I am unsure of what may be involved, Any help and/or advise is appreciated. Thanks.

Concur.

If it were sized bigger, you could cut it down to fit. As it is sized smaller, you'd likely need to order new limb pieces, and then you run into mismatching color issues at best.

Many people assume that because a kit is already built, it can be received and worn, but they still require fitting to the individual.

Good luck, and welcome to the white side! ;)

Without question.. go with a new, more accurate kit.  Especially since the AM/FX you're looking at is cut to fit someone 7 inches shorter than you (!!). It won't save you any time or be any easier than starting from scratch.  You'll be SO glad if you buy new in the end, and it will look and fit you SO much better!   :duim:  Good luck!   

Ok, so I have my answer. Thanks for the input. Any thoughts on the AM 2.0 vs AP? Both are in my price range. I can't bring myself to spend much more even though I could. I know that there have been issues with AM on higher rank approvals with the chest and back pieces. They changed the chest but not the back yet. And is the redesigned helmet better?

I can't talk about the AM 2.0 but like I mentioned, I have the AP and love it! If you decide to go for expert infantry and centurion, you'll need to replace the mic tips on the helmet and build or buy the backs for the drop boxes on the belt, or buy new sets from somewhere like trooperbay. I would also recommend getting darker lens to hide your eyes better from light. Depending on your waist size, you will probably have to add a shim in between the ab and back plate to fill in the gap. Hope that doesn't sound bad cause it's not...just about any armor, you'll be making any kind of adjustment and there's plenty of help and advice here. AP seems to also have a less wait time then most. I had ordered mine in January and had it in March and was done with it in June.

Best thing to do besides asking questions is research, go through build topics and EIB / Centurion applications, see how things look to you.

Good luck....

Edited by Slangen