AM "3 piece" helmet vs others

I'm on the list for the next run of AM kits. The main worry I have is their helmet comes with separated cap and back. Almost all other makers have a single piece cap/helmet back. I'm told it's recently updated, easier to assemble and more durable. I'm concerned about the seam around the back. I haven't been able to locate a complete build for this 3-piece helmet on FISD (unless I'm overlooking it).

Thoughts? Get a different bucket? Stop stressing and wait for it to arrive? Maybe buy the ATA helmet to build while I wait for the armor?

I'm on the list for the next run of AM kits. The main worry I have is their helmet comes with separated cap and back. Almost all other makers have a single piece cap/helmet back. I'm told it's recently updated, easier to assemble and more durable. I'm concerned about the seam around the back. I haven't been able to locate a complete build for this 3-piece helmet on FISD (unless I'm overlooking it). Thoughts? Get a different bucket? Stop stressing and wait for it to arrive? Maybe buy the ATA helmet to build while I wait for the armor?

I built one successfully.  Nothing is symmetrical on the helmet and I also don't care for the seam on the back, but the quality is great.  And based on my own mold and vacuum forming process I can understand the three piece design.  It keeps the plastic nice and thick and easy to pull off the molds.    

Check out my thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26137-wip-ne-helmet-build/?fromsearch=1

I used ABS paste to fill in the seam. It came out nicely I think. But I'm not sure it would qualify for higher standards since it didn't begin as 2 PC helmet. Lol!

I'm making a Sandtrooper out of it now. Here's where it stands...

trtgOLs.jpg

FdYh6hD.jpg

I still need to paint on the rank bars for the ears. I'll do that later tonight.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

• 3 weeks later...

That's the DVH thread I followed as well.  Attaching the skull cap is daunting.  I used magnets to hold it together while the glue dried.  And keep this in the back of your mind, the skull cap and back of the helmet is not symmetrical.  They will not line up perfectly so you need to find a happy median.  And then of course make sure the glue is far enough away from the seam that it doesn't ooze into the visible areas.