Chookaboom's Walt80 ANH Stunt Build

Alrighty. Finally some success on the undersuit. After digging through racks and racks at every store possible I have been able to find women's XS Capri pants. This is fine as it more than covers the kids knees.

8D495A0D-21AD-4B7D-AD9F-D26E88DFBAE5_zps

And digging through tons of racks in Dicks I have found a shirt that works.

DE55B694-8D95-41D4-B65A-DC70A745B273_zps

Just waiting on the boots to arrive and we'll be all set to finish things when I return from vacation.

My daughter is 54" and a wafer thin. My son is 52" and is solid head to toe.

This was measurement when I ordered from ya. Let me get a fresh measure for ya in a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, I have been off the grid a bit more than expected the, but progress is being made. Next full test fitting in a day or so. 

• Boots have been painted. 
    • BEFORE
      • 23C6E5F0-E3AB-4F11-B22E-56EAEA5473C8_zps
    • AFTER
      • 06FDD1EA-D6EE-4C68-B72B-2A809602AD27_zps

• shins shortened (from bottom). 

• I have added some strapping for the thigh to be held up with a small belt. 

---------

I also received additional set of limbs to use for my daughter. Those have been rough trimmed. I just need to sand out the top/bottom and fronts. I will then glue front cover strips before performing the sizing steps. Also, all coverstrips have been cut out. Will size those down and cut corners when the limbs are sized. 

AA27FB73-464C-42D8-AF4C-ECB982F6563A_zps

Been sick the last few days hindering progress. But here is a shot from our almost complete test fitting. Only missing TD. I don't intend on attaching a holster at this time as I am not letting the kids carry Blasters at such a big show coming up.

I have a few areas to trim for comfort and a few straps to tweak by overall we're there. Next time chunk to be focused on daughters limb construction.

0DA924FF-8FEC-4358-BEEB-6612169C379B_zps

Your too kind Walt. But your kit is quite popular up our way. Seems you've sold 5 into our garrison now. Gonna be a gaggle of little troopers running amuck.

• 2 weeks later...

Been swamped lately. Here is latest progress.

TD clips bent and installed.

3D98CB5C-663F-4302-91E2-9C1403E39546_zps

F67B6275-0E77-4D6E-8FFE-B260EC2D7AFE_zps

Here is mini-me ready for action.

6E7C2AB2-732C-4DEC-B4FA-A40E1EF76FDD_zps

Currently glueing front coverstrips on daughters limbs. Then I can size the back and close it up for her. Likely full suit up for her by weekend I all goes to plan.

So, the arms have coverstrips on fronts, sized, marked and cut for the back side and awaiting coverstrip addition this evening.

Legs front coverstrip glue is curing. tonight I will size, mark and cut those. tomorrow evening they will get rear coverstrip treatment. 

8D29AC0B-3E02-49F2-AE7E-B91349D1C655_zps

It was a tough night. Sooooo much plastic cut from thighs and shins to fit skinny girls legs. But they fit well

Her fit will be better than my sons. I wanna now rip apart his thighs and redo them.

• 2 weeks later...