TrainWreck's Trooper Blunderbuss... I mean T-21 scratch build

So some of you NTX peeps have already seen this but for the rest I am just going to cut and paste this update:

So I just thought I'd give a little bit of an update on where I stand right now. I'm still working towards the ultimate goal of going TD but in reality even with getting the kit by next March I still have to deal with sourceing all the other little bits which at my budget is going to be another year of saving and collecting. I can be a patient man but 2+ years before I get to troop seems a bit long for me. 
So I'm still attempting to get my armor by next year but am going to put the rest of the TD on the back burner for now (including this gun :(  ). All of that being said it still leaves me with what costume to go with. I had wanted to go with an ESB IN but because of the helmet, officers uniform, and English riding boots it still seemed to be a bit of a strain on my budget. But since I'm ultimately going with a TD I thought why not keep the other costume to the same planet? I like dirty (which is why I'm going with a TD in the first place). So without further adu I would like to announce that on Friday I ordered my Poor Man's Tusken Raider's Mask Kit! This will still probably take me tell December to complete the whole thing but it has the benefit of being able to save and buy a new piece of the puzzle every month or so (as opposed to every couple of months). Plus I'll be able to craft most of it myself which learning new skills is going to be half the experience for me. Anyway you guys have been great so far so thanks with all the help and advice you have given!

I WILL GET BACK TO THIS BUILD!

In the mean time if you just can't live with out a TrainWreck build in your life you can check out my Tusken Sniper Rifle build over at the Krayt Clan Forums:

http://www.kraytclan.com/forum/topic/3869-trainwrecks-eventual-tusken-sniper-rifle-build/

• 5 months later...

...and as promised:

So OK! I got a bit side tracked with a Tusken build (501st approved now) and putting together my ATA bucket. But I'm back to it!

First off for this new round I got out my old trusty pandatrooper templates and got a good transfer on to some woof for my receiver plate and did some slight modifications.

IMAG2608_1.jpg

IMAG2609.jpg

IMAG2610.jpg

...and I've started getting all the piping cut and placed. I bought a size too small for my front barrel but some cutting and gluing with a yoga mat later and I got the right diameter. The plan is just to Bondo that whole part.

IMAG2611.jpg

Not much done but it feels good to get back to it.

I ordered an original Lewis gas regulator key and an Enfield strap swivel this week so should get those in the mail soon.

T-21 here I come!

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I've got some more work done. I'm not incredibly happy with the way my receiver plate is coming out but I still have a ton of bondo-ing to do.

I've got some wood staining done, made a pho brass butt plate, cut the frame of the rear sight out, put some soft details on the receiver plate, put on the "cooling" tubes, put a magazine receiver on, put an original Lewis gas regulator key on the bottom of the barrel, and an original Enfield Sling swivel on the butt stock.

Been a productive weekend all and all.

IMAG2699.jpg

IMAG2701.jpg

IMAG2725.jpg

IMAG2734.jpg

IMAG2737.jpg

IMAG2741.jpg

IMAG2739.jpg

So I've been pretty unhappy with how my receiver plate has been turning out.  Well it turns out that my local library has a maker space with a 3D printer so I've decided to try modeling a receiver plate on my computer and then print it out as a prototype to cast (the plastic that it uses to print can't stand up to more than 140 F so it would make sense to get it into a different materiel since the interior of my car runs that high in the summer).

I've got about 2/3 of it modeled.  What do you guys think so far?

lewis3dplatetwothirds.jpg

Edited by TrainWreck

• 1 month later...

Dude that is legit. If you cast that I have a whole second market for you. I'm building a WW1 replica biplane and someday I'll be building two lewis' for it. There are a lot of guys that buy these absoutly terrible ABS lewis guns that would love a better model.

Dude that is legit. If you cast that I have a whole second market for you. I'm building a WW1 replica biplane and someday I'll be building two lewis' for it. There are a lot of guys that buy these absoutly terrible ABS lewis guns that would love a better model.

NICE!!!  There's some serious talent on the FISD.  Get after it, Brian!!!